⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Change my username

qualadutyblackops

I wish to change my current username on the forums because i created it back when i just wanted to download mods. However, i am more involved in the modding community and i want to change my username to something more "professional" and less "childish"

The only way to do this is to request that your current account be "Closed" by posting here, and then after that's done you can create a new account using a different name.

Search this forum for any one of the dozens of "change username" topics to learn why.

But ive seen posts from moderators saying that they can change user name without closing their accounts and i dont want to loose all of my stuff. Besides, you should be able to change it, because you can do that on twitter and

I wish to change my current username on the forums because i created it back when i just wanted to download mods. However, i am more involved in the modding community and i want to change my username to something more "professional" and less "childish"

Your previously stateded reason for needing this change...

But ive seen posts from moderators saying that they can change user name without closing their accounts and i dont want to loose all of my stuff. Besides, you should be able to change it, because you can do that on twitter and

Is not backed up by your next statement.

Accept the conditions that have been laid out for you, actually do as suggested and you'll not only get your name change but see why it has to be done this way.

On the other hand complaining about the method, doesn't change it and comparing this site to an altogether different type does not make you seem "more professional and less childish" if that's what you're aiming for.

But ive seen posts from moderators saying that they can change user name without closing their accounts

Show me the posts. I am a moderator, and I do not have and have never had the capability to change a name.

because you can do that on twitter and

Twitter is nothing at all like the Nexus. Have you downloaded any mods from twitter? Have you tried to use Nexus as a substitute for Twitter? They do completely different things and you should not be expecting them to work in the same way.

Sorry, im just more used to social media than a forum website and it doesn't help that Forum Websites are harder to use than social media (No hard feelings). i only wanted to change my username because i used to make really bad ones back in middle school when i started modding games and i really hate . I know Xbox Live allows you to change your Username for a price and nexus should do that too since its actually hard to do that after looking at older posts, but if i cant change my username, that's fine, i can live with that :blush: