Pardon me, I Apoligize!

edgeburner

For the false narrative we so enthusiastically supported and perpetuated in the Michael Brown case that occured in Ferguson, MO.

Of course, you must realize that the Brown case is just a microcosim of a much lager problem that exist between the black commuinty and law enfocement agencies across our land....THAT is the matter of importance, not the lives and businesses of innocent folks who are guilty of nothing more that living in our line of fire...Or, happen to be law enfrorcment officers in other cities our anger influenced...

Signed: The American Main Stream Media Idealist.

All kidding aside....One MSM reporter from WAPO actually appolgized.....He was ripped to shreds by his brethren.

"HANDS UP....DON'T SHOOT!!"

Let me add one more thing....the scum-bag that created the "hands up don't shoot" lie now has a job with the city of St. Louis. The police officer who was guilty of nothing more that doing his job by the book and self-preservation....Who knows?

Only in todays America.

Edited by edgeburner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If pursuing and shooting an unarmed teenager six times is policing by the book, the book needs some serious revisions. Regardless of whether or not Brown was fleeing or charging, gunshots to the head should not be condoned. Either police officers should be trained to a degree that they can adequately incapacitate a suspect without use of deadly force, or they, like the rest of America, should not be given the right to bear arms. Personally, I don't understand why policemen patrolling the streets with the power to end any lives they wish to appeals to anybody, law enforcement? - YES. Judge, jury and executioner? - NO.

Whether or not you believe Wilson is morally responsible for the shooting, you'll find it very hard deny that the entire ordeal represents a failure of the American Policing system. Either policemen need to be trained to incapacitate suspects without causing a fatality, guns need to to be prohibited from the force (and therefore the rest of America, warranting a change to the constitution), or they need to undergo more stringent psychiatric tests to test their ability to make sensible decisions under pressure.

It's also worth noting that regardless of your outlook upon the shooting, it CANNOT be denied that there is a serious lack of rapport between many State police forces and the black communities they're meant to protect. After seeing events such as these:

http://news.sky.com/story/1447945/video-police-shoot-dead-mentally-ill-man

I'd go so far as to say that racism can become institutionalized in various police forces, due to a failure to understand that the police serve the people and that in order for them to get given the respect they need to effectively enforce law and order, they first need to comply to the expectations of those they serve.

Oh dear god...the usual refrain..the police are racist, use too much force, disproportionally target minorities. Where do think the crime is? It is disproportionally in the poorer neighborhoods. The narrative that the officer shot the suspect while his hands were up has been disproved by the autopsy....all three of them. I dare you to stand still while someone charges that outweighs you by over a hundred pounds. The autopsy proved that he DID attempt to wrest the gun from the officer while he was sitting in his vehicle, then fled only thirty yards before turning and resuming his attempted attack. I was always taught to fire at the center mass and keep firing until all forward momentum had ceased. The media had it's narrative and the facts didn't mean a thing to them..the post incident riots are on their heads. When the verdict don't please the protestors what was the refrain? "Burn it down, burn it all down"

Don't assault a police officer.

Do comply with police commands.

It's not that hard.

Mike Brown didn't comply, with any commands. Mike Brown forced himself into the opening of the squad car and reached for the officer's sidearm. Somehow I don't think that is compliance with an officer of the law. I can't find much sympathy to give when guy tried so hard to create a confrontation. Confusing one's rights to cooperating with law enforcement seems a lot like self-entitlement than some breach of contract in law enforcement policy.

If Mike Brown, or any subject of law enforcement scrutiny, has an argument for harassment, let judges decide. Not use physical confrontation. Not try taking the law enforcement officer's sidearm. Not bullrush the officer when he's pointing that same sidearm at you....

If a cop says "get down on the ground", well, I'm going to do so. I don't see any reason to get the officer all riled up and nervous, at 6'4" 200 I already make them nervous. I certainly am not going to charge them while they have a pistol pointed at me.

THEN, after verdict, Daddy Brown screaming "burn it down", what is this? I understand grief of loss, but BURN the town down?

"What we have here is failure to communicate..." and it starts in the home, with parenting. Teach your children respect. Teach them compromise. Teach them what they are really entitled to: what they earn.

Just an observation.

What bothers me is no one is looking with their eyes anymore. They have a mental image of the person or persons envolved and whenever something happens, the appropriate mental image gets pulled and projected into reality. the situation becomes window dressing to the narretive that plays out inside their heads and if reality doesn't reflect what the narretive presents, then there is a cnspiracy or just a bunch of lies.

What use is freedom of speech if we shackel our minds?

If pursuing and shooting an unarmed teenager six times is policing by the book, the book needs some serious revisions. Regardless of whether or not Brown was fleeing or charging, gunshots to the head should not be condoned. Either police officers should be trained to a degree that they can adequately incapacitate a suspect without use of deadly force, or they, like the rest of America, should not be given the right to bear arms. Personally, I don't understand why policemen patrolling the streets with the power to end any lives they wish to appeals to anybody, law enforcement? - YES. Judge, jury and executioner? - NO.

Whether or not you believe Wilson is morally responsible for the shooting, you'll find it very hard deny that the entire ordeal represents a failure of the American Policing system. Either policemen need to be trained to incapacitate suspects without causing a fatality, guns need to to be prohibited from the force (and therefore the rest of America, warranting a change to the constitution), or they need to undergo more stringent psychiatric tests to test their ability to make sensible decisions under pressure.

It's also worth noting that regardless of your outlook upon the shooting, it CANNOT be denied that there is a serious lack of rapport between many State police forces and the black communities they're meant to protect. After seeing events such as these:

http://news.sky.com/story/1447945/video-police-shoot-dead-mentally-ill-man

I'd go so far as to say that racism can become institutionalized in various police forces, due to a failure to understand that the police serve the people and that in order for them to get given the respect they need to effectively enforce law and order, they first need to comply to the expectations of those they serve.

You have zero understanding of that of which you speak. The police ARE trained..... to aim for center mass. Given that he cranked out six or eight shots in quick succession, it's a wonder that as many of them hit as did. Take a look at what happened in New York City. The police all started banging away at the guy with the gun, and NINE bystanders were hit. (that was just stupid, I don't think the actually target had even pulled his gun.... but, I may be wrong there.)

In the situation the officer found himself in with Mr. Brown, he did EXACTLY as he was trained. The ONLY thing Mr. Brown would have had to do to survive this experience, would have been to not walk down the middle of the road, when the officer told him. That would have ended the situation. The cop wasn't aware that the 'gentle giant' had just forcibly robbed a store......

Michael Brown got PRECISELY what he deserved. He was stupid, and it got him dead. So much the better for the gene pool.

Edited by HeyYou

The argument is full of extremist, highly emotive opposites. Separate cases need to be taken as just that. Automatically deciding guilt for either the police, or the black person, is something that society would be best avoiding. Wishful thinking, I know, but it has to be done because of the complexity of many such cases. In truth in many cases guilt can not be so simply laid on one side or the other; both sides carry at least some responsibility for what has happened.

Police forces around the world have been proven to have racist tendencies but not all police are racists; nor are all 'victims' innocents but some are. This also goes for many other kinds of institutions that have power over people's lives.

I was once fanatical in my views but having given that up I have sought a fair, more reasoned, way of looking at the human world ever since.

The argument is full of extremist, highly emotive opposites. Separate cases need to be taken as just that. Automatically deciding guilt for either the police, or the black person, is something that society would be best avoiding. Wishful thinking, I know, but it has to be done because of the complexity of many such cases. In truth in many cases guilt can not be so simply laid on one side or the other; both sides carry at least some responsibility for what has happened.

Police forces around the world have been proven to have racist tendencies but not all police are racists; nor are all 'victims' innocents but some are. This also goes for many other kinds of institutions that have power over people's lives.

I was once fanatical in my views but having given that up I have sought a fair, more reasoned, way of looking at the human world ever since.

A rational response..for a change. There is a vast difference between the Ferguson/ Brown and the recent SC/ Sharpe shooting..the former was justified the latter looks very bad with the information currently available. Nine shots in the back of a fleeing individual and dropping 'something' near a cuffed dying suspect doesn't make for a good Officer Self Defense theory. Just my two cents.

A rational response..for a change. There is a vast difference between the Ferguson/ Brown and the recent SC/ Sharpe shooting..the former was justified the latter looks very bad with the information currently available. Nine shots in the back of a fleeing individual and dropping 'something' near a cuffed dying suspect doesn't make for a good Officer Self Defense theory. Just my two cents.

Aurielius, I agree with you!