Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

UPDATE (August 30, 2011): This server has reached the end of its time. It was fun all - I hope you had a good time.

DR Grimm has started hosting a new one. Please see

69.27 . 127.182  : 25565

for his server

Background: After SimplyEricJames' server went down, we were stuck without an unofficial Minecraft server. I have since put up one using Art of War Central. It is free to join and play for all TESNexus members, friends, and family.

Please note: This server is in no way officially associated with the Nexus sites. Any and all activity on the server occurs without any over-site from Nexus staff. Do not complain to them about server occurrences - it is not their problem (and they have little ability to assist you).

The Nexus name has not been licensed to the server - it is used in an unofficial fan-based manner only. If Dark0ne or Nexus staff have objections, the name will be removed.

Server Description:

-8 slot server

-Atlanta, GA, USA host

-Running hey0 server mod

-Up 24/7

-IP: xx.xx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx

Masked the IP so that it cannot be read by bots and other stuffs. Mouse over to view

Playing:

-Groups:

1)Admins: All server controls

2)Mods: General administration (ban, unban, kick, etc)

3)VIPs: Building and general convenience (warps, etc)

4)Default: Build only

If you have no prior history on the server, you will start as default. Play constructively and make friends and you will quickly get VIP level for your convenience.

If we develop griefer problems, the default will be moved to a observer status only, and you will have to contact an admin to get building abilities.

-Conduct:

Two words: Be good. :)

Griefing will not be tolerated. You will be banned.

Listen to the Mods - pending further review their actions are absolute. If you have a problem with their actions, contact me (Ethre) here at TESNexus or use the email-address provided ingame. I will review the situation and get back to you.

No forest fires! Be careful with lava and fire! Make Smokie proud!

Other than that, build anything you want - any style, any look.

-Blocks/etc:

Dynamite has to much potential for griefing. Don't use it (if you can find away to get it)

Same goes for flint/steel. Fires are bad.

Admins can spawn blocks if needed under extenuating circumstances.

-Health:

Enabled. PvP is not though.

-Mumble:

Dark0ne has been kind enough to add a room on Mumble for this server.

Instructions are available here for those wishing to join that.

----------------------------------------------------

Open for comments and suggestions.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with this.

Just as an FYI if/when Minecraft releases multiplayer "survival" elements you can get in the singleplayer version then I will probably start playing Minecraft and have an official Nexus Minecraft server.

As it is right now I can't justify playing the game when it's just a glorified lego builder :X

I'd get it sooner rather than later as well :P. Once it reaches beta it'll get 2x more expensive :).

I liked how James handled it before:

I'd say pvp off, but health yes.

no kits or just 'starter-kits' (especially without health atm, as you've got more than enough stuff to spare).

hey0 works perfectly :).

limited warps to usage, /sethome & /home works so everyone can have their own place. With a few general warps to set so people can cross long distances to public areas.

Good suggestions. Worth a trial at least.

Next time I catch the server empty, I will restart with the following changes:

-no tp (I know, I know . . . but it is really a cheat)

-Limited warps (moot point as there is only one already)

-Health!

If the general consensus comes out against these changes, they will be reverted.

Kits are a moot point right now since I cant get them working anyway. However, I built a house over spawn and stocked a chest of tools and a chest of torches. They are just stone tools, but they should be enough to start things out easier (wood tools to get to stone is pointless in my view). They are free for all.

I've been playing around with server commands recently, but now that we know things work that is done.

Since this is getting moving again, please, try not to dup-glitch items.