Alistair Disappears after Landsmeet

TattKttn

Ok so I have quite a few mods installed, theoretically they shouldnt conflict because I got them in the same mod pack from fileplanet. http://www.fileplanet.com/fileblog/archives/2010/01/entry_3195.shtml

I also have the Class and Specialization pack.

and everything is going along fine, except for some fixable glitches. Until the landsmeet. I declare Anora Queen, and let Alistair kill Loghain. Then we get back to the Arls estate in Denerim and Alistair is nowhere to be found. Not in his room in my inventory screen in my party select screen, nothing. So I go to Redcliff anyway hoping he will show up. And Riordan says its good to see you made it alive, and you too Alistair. In the Conversation with Riordan, Alistair is talking to him but he can't be seen. And in his room there he is not selectable (just in case he pulled an invisible man or something).

So I am at a complete loss. Turned off IRS with Alistair mod just in case but still not there.

I did the runscript zz_addparty Alistair and he joins my party without gear of course and has auto leveled to match me, except that he has no skills. grrr

So the real question here is am I just stupid? Am I overmodding? or both?

Im about to give up modding I think. I think it has something to do with IRS/Alistair... incompatible with something else. And the last save I have with Alistair was 6 hours before I lost him. Teach me not to bother quicksaving. Stupid thing is all I wanted was to finish this game so I could play awakenings with the same char. Gonna try getting rid of all mods except items n appearance, start another run through. Edited by TattKttn

Im about to give up modding I think. I think it has something to do with IRS/Alistair... incompatible with something else. And the last save I have with Alistair was 6 hours before I lost him. Teach me not to bother quicksaving. Stupid thing is all I wanted was to finish this game so I could play awakenings with the same char. Gonna try getting rid of all mods except items n appearance, start another run through.

Well, I don't know which mod might have made him... "invisible", but you shouldn't have to start all over.

Remove your mods in batches (depending on how many are involved, when I'm toruble shooting I usually go for half of my current total at a time.) Keep reloading your last save after each round of mod removal and see if he reappears! :laugh:

If he doesn't, reapeat until you either a) find the one causing the problem, or b) run out of mods to remove. :tongue:

Im about to give up modding I think. I think it has something to do with IRS/Alistair... incompatible with something else. And the last save I have with Alistair was 6 hours before I lost him. Teach me not to bother quicksaving. Stupid thing is all I wanted was to finish this game so I could play awakenings with the same char. Gonna try getting rid of all mods except items n appearance, start another run through.

Well, I don't know which mod might have made him... "invisible", but you shouldn't have to start all over.

Remove your mods in batches (depending on how many are involved, when I'm toruble shooting I usually go for half of my current total at a time.) Keep reloading your last save after each round of mod removal and see if he reappears! :laugh:

If he doesn't, reapeat until you either a) find the one causing the problem, or b) run out of mods to remove. :tongue:

Well I ran out of mods to remove... So I guess I start a new run through after all...

NV4? not sure what that is... I am going through and uninstalling mods now, through DAMM and Overrides folder. I think it either has something to do with return to korcari or possibly one of the character fixes. specifically the one that lets Anora give the rallying speech if she is queen. Problem is i have uninstalled those mods and still no alistair. Unless they are still hiding somewhere...

NV4? not sure what that is...

Don't feel bad, neither am I :teehee: If you have everything uninstalled including your dazips (official DLCs' can remain) go to your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\data folder and delete everything there. See what happens.

The next time you start modding again. Don't go to FilePlanet and download a package that is almost a year old. We are two patches beyond that. Come here, find and download the files you want "one at a time" and install them. Do not reinstall Return to Kokari Wilds it is known for its own problems as well as the ones it causes when used with other mods and its creator hasn't done any updates or bugfixes since July.

NV4? not sure what that is...

Don't feel bad, neither am I :teehee:

It's "Nude Variety ver 4". It makes use of MANY other mods and tools (DAMM and NBaio, plus the .Net 3.0 framework) to create a whole new collection of character-specific, unclothed, body-models that are managed through DAMM the way NBaio does it. Significant compatility issues can arise when trying to mix-n-match meshes from one modder's collection with the tints or lighting maps from another's, so it's not one for the mod-newbie! (Although I did kinda' like the way some characters looked with vanilla-coloured swirls around their limbs!)

Besides the "disappearing character" problem that can occur with NV4 if you do certain things in a certain order, if you forget to "change back to the way you were before" when you uninstall... anything can happen! In my case, it was "Crash on load!" Had to rebuild the custom file (a very time-consuming process) to get the mod working again, then de-install correctly. :laugh:

... The next time you start modding again. Don't go to FilePlanet and download a package that is almost a year old. We are two patches beyond that. Come here, find and download the files you want "one at a time" and install them.

Excellent advice! Here, and the BSN are my sources for "what works" in DA modding.

Plus, the company here is much better than at FilePlanet! :tongue:

Meh first go... I tried, I failed... Now I get to try again... Or play ME, and ME2 for a 4th run through lol sigh... I have no life...

oh and I didnt even know this place existed till I searched for troubleshooting mods lol

Edited by TattKttn

• 1 month later...