Immersive Quests [WIP]

Mattiewagg

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b630/Matthiaswagg/ImmersiveQuestsLogoWhite2_zps68188c8e.png

Updates on the Mod

Progress

Join the Project

Contribute Ideas

Lend a Hand

What Is It?

Immersive Quests is a project that will add new quests to Skyrim. They are unique, interesting, and professionally voice acted quests featuring new dungeons, NPCs, and rewards. These are not small filler quests, but quests with real plots and characters. Many will have multiple ways to complete them, a variety of choices, and alternate endings. Some of the quests are radiant (dynamic), and have uniquely textured and or modeled items the player can find or gain.

Inspiration

I (Matthiaswagg), had taken a brief break from Skyrim to play Oblivion once again. It's a fantastic game and while slightly older, one that I would highly recommend playing it to all of you. Well, I finished a playthrough of Oblivion and I came back to Skyrim. I immediately noticed the difference in the quality of the quests. There were far more small, fetch/kill quests with radiant* rewards or dungeons that lacked any substance or story. Yes - there were a few great ones. Blood on Ice, A Night to Remember, Boethiah's Calling, the list goes on. The Elder Scrolls are fantastic games for many reasons, but chief among them is the open world game and the freedom to play as you see fit. Some of the quests didn't really follow this, confining you to a certain playstyle or character (good, or evil) and yanking you out of the immersive world. Fixing this directly by editing vanilla quests would introduce a host of compatibility problems, as well as being a mess to work with.
*Radiance: Dynamicness. Quests with different locations, people, etc. based on variables or pure randomness.

But really, if you look at it in terms of percentages: The vast majority of Skyrim's quests are filler quests. The rest are either not so good quests, or good quests. The latter is a very small percentage. We've already established editing the bad quests would cause issues so... Add more "good" quests, and there's a higher percentage of finding better quests.

Besides... Who doesn't want more content? Thus, Immersive Quests was born.

The Team

Meet the Team

Matthiaswagg: Project Manager, Quest Designer, Scripter

TheOscar0: Quest Designer, Scripter

AirtightSpring3: Level Designer, Quest Writer, Dialogue Writer

Vulon: VA, Quest Writer, Dialogue Writer, Composer, Sound Creator

AlpineYJ: 3D Artist

dmcaldw: 2D Artist (texturing)

horrorgun: Level Designer, Dialogue Writer

Himeki: Spell Creator

Helxas: Writing Director, Voice Actor

TerrorFox1234: Composer, Audio Engineer

Acr0ssTh3P0nd: Modeler, Texturer, Concept Artist (Inactive)

Shadowfangs99: Concept Artist

CapnStankBeard: Web Designer, Digital Artist

Kyoga: Composer, Sound Artist

OrethTheCentaur: Modeler, Texturer

flipdark85: Quest Writer

morganmarz: Quest Writer

Join the Project

If you're able to help at all, head over to the recruitment section and make a post. What skills can you offer? If it's something we're in need of or your skill set fits the scope of the mod, then I'll contact you and add you to the team roster, as well as detailing a few things about what being a member of the team entails (nothing crazy, I promise :tongue:).

Screenshots

While there are plenty more found on our site, here are a few progress shots:

(SPOILER TO THE LEFT)

Edited by Mattiewagg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not dead, and this mod is not dead. I promise you that. However, we have suffered some member losses and absences. Thus, I'm going to do some "spring cleaning", as it were (bad pun?) and state those who are removed from the team. I'll be getting the essential roles on the team filled, but we will be smaller. Maybe 7-10 members rather than 13. I want to make it clear that those removed from the team were not removed because of any bad blood - it was a matter of time constraints, interest, RL, etc. The usual.

I'm going to be working furiously on this during the summer, and a bit during the spring (I just suffered another computer setback and I need to work on the Bruma release for Beyond Skyrim).

So, with no further ado, here are the people no longer on the IQ team:

Jack (Audio Engineer, Video Creator/PR)

Loopy_Cecil (Writer)

killerbite (3D and 2D)

Enpremi (3D and 2D)

I'm currently unsure about the status of:

AirtightSpring3 (Level Designer)

horrorgun (Level Designer) In

Vulon (Writer, VA, Music)

OrethTheCentaur (3D and 2D)

Himeki (Spells and Misc Scripting) In

CapnStankBeard (Website and Digital Art)

Schattenu (Writer)

I'll be checking up with them.

I'm certain Kyoga (Music and Sound), Helxas (Writer), myself (Quest Implementation), Shadowfangs99 (Concepts), TerrorFox1234 (Music) are still interested.

This means that definitely I'll be looking for:

One Writer

One Audio Engineer

One-Two 3D and 2D Artists

And I MAY be looking for another level designer.

I'll be posting more on what is required for these roles quite soon.

There are a few other changes. I'll be making smaller quests too, when larger quests' assets are in development. They'll still follow all of IQ's "tenets", but they will be smaller. I want to make clear that they will NOT be filler quests. These quests will likely require one custom asset AT MOST, and a few won't be voiced, though many still will.

You can propose these smaller quests here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2689954-small-quest-mod-ideas-ill-see-about-implementing-them/

Secondly, we'll have less of a priority on custom assets. We'll absolutely use them, but also a lot of resources. We'll use non-custom when we can, to fit into the world a lot. We also won't care AS much as compatibility if it stands in the way of something badass. This doesn't mean we won't try to be compatible - but if we might risk imcompatibility but something works great and looks amazing, we'll go with it.

That concludes this update. Expect more soon.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Dude you got like more people on the team than I do on mine O.o

Dude you got like more people on the team than I do on mine O.o

Maybe my idea is just cooler. :P

Just kidding. Seriously though - Discworld is insane. And I will toss any weird quests your way. What about really creepy ones that may be over the top strange and freaky?

Any rough estimation as to when this will be released? I gave you a little shoutout on bethblog assuming you were somewhat close to a first release.

Yeah, I know. Thank you for that. Hopefully by the end of this summer. I'll have time this summer. However, we'll see. But that's my hope. Sorry for all the delays, life keeps slapping me in the face if you know what I mean.

Edit: In fact, I'm not giving a certain amount of quests before release. I'm just doing as many as possible and releasing the first at the end of summer.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Definitely a modding project to keep ones eyes on. Skyrim really needs more quests with creative stories and challenges that doesn't all of the time require you to kill bandits with for some mundane reason or another. Not to add pressure to you Matthias, but considering how knowledgeable you are as a modder and that you run an amazing blog that tries to impart your skills unto other modders. I think we can expect this to be permanently added to our load lists ;)

Really looking forward to try this :thumbsup:

Definitely a modding project to keep ones eyes on. Skyrim really needs more quests with creative stories and challenges that doesn't all of the time require you to kill bandits with for some mundane reason or another. Not to add pressure to you Matthias, but considering how knowledgeable you are as a modder and that you run an amazing blog that tries to impart your skills unto other modders. I think we can expect this to be permanently added to our load lists ;)

Really looking forward to try this :thumbsup:

*cracks under pressure*

I just got a bunch of resources for some great levels from Uber over at DC, so that should be covered for a little. Got some truly fantastic levels from that.