Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul [WIP]

Shurah

Well it sounds interesting though I can imagine about a million conflicts. Good luck :smile:

A million conflict? Very unlikely because I didn't edit the entries related to NPCs.

Well this mod would obviously replace outright mods like Run for your Lives or When Vampires Attack but mods like Wet and Cold which adds lots of atmosphere but also makes the NPC's get out of rainy and snowy conditions will not be entirely replaced by this mod but it's features will directly conflict with some of your features.

I'm not sure how they handle their NPC behavior but two mods doing the same thing, each with elements I'd want to keep tends to equal a conflict. Whether that's a small or large problem will remain to be seen when the mod's released and I can test it against my load order.

No, the mod doesn't conflict with "Wet and Cold" (Ashes & Holiday included), in fact it doesn't even conflict with "Run for your Lives" or "When Vampires Attack". So in practice you can combine them to get alternative results. I can understand that it sounds impossible or irrational to you or other people. Therefore, I'm going to write a section about compatibility in which I'll give more explanations and some examples of combinations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This in an interesting mod to follow. I can see it becoming an essential mod, if all goes well on the making. I hope you can go around the possible conflicts, if any may appear.

I can see myself removing mods such as Run For Your Lives, No NPC Greetings, if it allows for less plugins the better. Maybe Guard Dialogue Overhaul as well? And Non-Essential Children?

What about ASIS and Revenge of the Enemies?

Maybe also tweaking Wet and Cold to not cover certain behavior yours can cover?

I've read your explanations and there is a lot of work in there. It has a great range and can possibly replace all of those mods, what do you think?

I honestly hope you succeed!

Cheers

Edited by Boltstab

The description has been updated: a compatibility section and a FAQ section have been added, video links have been added too.

@ Oubliette & Boltstab: this should answer to your questions.

If something is unclear, feel free to ask.

If something is poorly said, feel free to correct me.

I'll upload new videos soon.

This mod looks great, I can definitely see it having a permanent spot in my load order.

Edit: One thing I'd recommend is maybe reworking the name. On your Youtube you have it listed as INPCs, for Immersive NPCs, but the mod "Interesting NPCs" is pretty well known by the abbreviation INPCs, so that might be confusing. Also, here you have it named "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul", which is a little better, but the word "immersion" has become a little worn out and taboo, really. I'd suggest maybe NPC Overhaul, NPC AI Overhaul, or maybe something like Smart Citizens, or Common Sense, haha.

Edited by elr0y7

Good luck, looks pretty good.

Although what of bandits/skeletons/draugr etc.

I would suppose these would not be edited, as they are enemies outright.

Wouldnt want to walk into a cave to have everyone run away from you... Or would you? xD

I will do a separate plugin for "the enemies". The AI used by the mages & archers will be seriously upgraded, the combats will be much more tactics. This will be truly a revolution in the video game industry.

I won't implement a survival instinct for dead people (draugr, skeletons, etc.).

That's a very bad timing for Isoku, because my mod is going to kill his paid version of Wet&Cold.

How about it? Do u planning doing same things?

I've already done and injected in the game a much better AI than the one used by Wet&Cold and without using a single script. I'll do a video soon.

Thanks for the updated description Shurah, that cleared out some things.

Although I have to point out that the No NPCs Greetings mod does not remove npc dialogue at all. I don't have any issues using it. NPCs still have their random dialogue between them as well as any scripted dialogues regarding quests.

If you meant something else and I misunderstood it then I'm sorry ;)

Keep it up, I'm looking forward to this!

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a very important future mod. Looking forward to its arrival.