Is there a way to uninstall mods and play a save that had the mod activated and load/save without any issues? For example, SkyUI is a mod where if you uninstall it then you've only got two options, install SkyUI again or use SkyUI-away. By the way this isn't about SkyUI, I love SkyUI and I just used it as an example. I'd like to be able to have the choice to get rid of a mod properly without having to use extra mods to revert to the previous interface etc.

I want to use player head tracking but I did a test and if I uninstall that it either does the infinite load screen or it freezez whilst saving. I'd love to use this mod but I'm not going to until I know I can uninstall it with no problems on my save.

I always have a backup save (identical except without the mod) so if the test fails I can go back to that and carry on. But I'd just like some further knowledge on all of this.

• 6 months later...

Also....

Not at all really, its just a little something i personally call house keeping :smile:

NMM does NOT remove the files from the dir... It mealy deactivates them.

if you want to remove all elements of the mod (in some cases) will have to manually remove them.

A blessing and a curse because understanding the file structure makes it possilbe for you to "tweak" files as needed::

HD is nice in some places but ruins others?

Go into the \textures\ directory and replace the texture files with lower res where applicable.

cleaning your skyrim folders etc can sometimes be a very important factor,

imagine it like a warehouse of carboard boxes and the cpu has to shuffle them, the more it has to look through the more is syphons potential... or something....