Sink Spell/Effect/Potion

WinsomeMinotaur

WHAT IT DOES
In a body of water, you sink quickly to the floor. Once there, you can fight as normal. This approach should avoid weird issues with Z axis animations while floating, etc.

POSSIBLE IMPLEMENTATIONS

This could work as a spell that you cast on the shore, then walk into the water, sticking to the bottom. Or, as a potion or piece of enchanted gear, in which case you drink/equip while swimming, then suddenly drop to the ocean floor. I imagine some kind of SLOW effect should accompany this--you can fight, but you are still underwater so moving is not so easy. Maybe attacks consume an increased amount of stamina, say x1.5? Non-Argonians need to take waterbreathing as well, or else they've just committed suicide. I picture that it would allow all normal actions, including magic (I can hear you saying, "But fire underwater doesn't make sense?!" Well, if magic was bound by the laws of physics it wouldn't be shooting out of your palms to begin with. But I can see an argument either way.)

EXISTING MODS

I found references to a mod called "Underwater Combat" but apparently the mod itself no longer exists. There is cool take on the matter by user "plunket" called Ring of the Eel (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61713/?). And that's it!

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS

I know there are some mods out there to include spells from past games, like WaterWalking. Maybe a water walking effect would cancel the Sink effect, and vice versa?

I understand why this hasn't really been done before, but I think this approach of a sink spell puts the issue in a more sensible lore friendly light. I have some programming and scripting ability, but have zero experience with modding. If someone wants to take this on, I will happy to help as your apprentice!