CBBE/UNP Body sliders doesn't work. Why

TheSlashed

Hmm, Ok. But they just "activate" the sliders for a specific (!) Body/armor/what ever... I would like to adjust EVERY female human body with sliders. Isn't that possible?

It's called BodySlide. The RM plugin is for the player only. For every female character, player and NPC alike, the normal BodySlide program is what you should use.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio' is BodySlide. It's just a hell of a lot faster to type 'BodySlide' (which is what it was simply known as for years before OS came along).

I've been using BodySlide for years without issues; it's always worked fine.

Open BodySlide. Select a Body/Outfit from the top drop-down menu. Either select a preset from the 2nd drop down menu, or create your own by moving the sliders. If you make your own, save the preset once you're happy. You can then Build the body, or BatchBuild outfits if you have BodySlide-compatible ones installed, using that preset. Once Build/BatchBuilt, the meshes will be automatically installed into your Skyrim/Data directory, and the game will then use those meshes instead of vanilla ones.

Reasons for it not working: Windows UAC (move Steam out of Program Files (x86)). You didn't launch with the Steam launcher after installing BodySlide (use Steam launcher). You're using custom race (need to install meshes manually to race folder). Bad line in Skyrim.ini preventing Skyrim from using loose files (open Skyrim.ini with NotePad/WordPad and if bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 is present, either turn the 0 to a 1, or delete the line, and save). Pirated game (buy it legally).

Uninstall? Bugger if I know. Never used NMM.

Well, thanks to Noortje :)

1. "move Steam out of Program Files (x86)": why should I do that? In my case it's 70 GB, shall I just move them to another place?

2. don't I have to start Skyrim via "Skyrim (SKSE)"?

3. In the category Outfit/Body, what does CBBE Body, CBBE Body BBP, TBBP, HDT, Feet etc. mean? :$

Btw, In Skyrim in the racemenu I can choose a Preset ( the presets which I did with Bodyslide?) and it searchs under /Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/Presets.... Do they mean the steam-folder? Because I don't have there the folder "CharGen". Only a chargen.ini and a chargen.dll :( Any ideas about this?

Well, thanks to Noortje :smile:

1. "move Steam out of Program Files (x86)": why should I do that? In my case it's 70 GB, shall I just move them to another place?

2. don't I have to start Skyrim via "Skyrim (SKSE)"?

3. In the category Outfit/Body, what does CBBE Body, CBBE Body BBP, TBBP, HDT, Feet etc. mean? :$

1:Program files section blocks a lot of key changes mods can make to your game, windows designed it as a sort of safe section on your drive.

2. as far as I know, yes.

3. They are different versions of the CBBE body as far as I know. I personally use sevenbase though since it can run sevenbase and unp armors seemlessly.