"Anora's Gown" mod rendering characters invisible

Hello,

sorry to sound critical of a pretty mod, but I am having some serious problems with it. It installs correctly, I summon it through the console, it shows up in my inventory and can be equipped. However, when worn, it turns the characters invisible! It does the same thing to Alistair (by the way, who allowed him to wear a dress?!). Because of that, it is unusable.

I first thought I would uninstall it, but then I read through the comments. They report that, after uninstallation, Anora shows up as naked (and if kept in the game, other noblewomen's clothes are badly damaged visually-speaking). What can I do? How to uninstall it successfully and switch to this one please? I am worried these two might not be compatible.

I have the latest version of DAO (the basic edition) from Origin, I use a PC. I also have The Stone Prisoner DLC installed if that matters. Upon request, I will happily provide more details on my configuration should that be necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

So from what I can tell this is what is happening:

The mod alters Anora's noble dress mesh, and it also alters the texture files. This in turn will effect every noble dress in the game, because they all use the same texture files. For human females, the mod mesh -should- show up properly, but for all others they will appear invisible or the textures will be messed up because this was not properly handled. Anora's outfit in game is not currently unique, and this mod seeks to achieve that by altering her outfit, but does not actually make the dress unique in doing so. It just affects all the other dresses. A texture is applied across all body types, but each individual body type needs a new mesh. Since Anora is a human female, this is the only one altered, but because usually all noble clothes can be worn by all characters, there are several different meshes that "noble outfit" corresponds to. By only altering one, the original author has made the rest go a bit odd. If there is no corresponding mesh for a body type, the body is invisible.

As for uninstalling, you will need to delete -all - of the files for this mod. That not only includes any that ended up in the packages/override folder, but also those that are in the AddIns folder. It may have put files in both (I am not sure), and you need to make sure you get everything.

However, doing this mid-game will result in Anora being naked. This is because the resources for the outfit she was wearing will be gone. Dragon Age only figures out what people look like once, so if you have already seen her, she will be naked. So before you run the game again after deleting the Anora Gown files, download the Queen Attire mod. This mod will replace the same files originally altered by the Anora Gown mod with the original meshes. It's a fix so to speak, and -should- work. There is always the potential for this to go wrong, because installing/uninstalling mods mid-game is generally a bad practice. However, this will definitely repair any files if you start a new fresh game without the Anora Gown files.

Hope that helped a bit.

-smassey0321

Thank you, smassey0321, I believe that's the reason - my PC isn't human. Anyway, as you pointed out removing mods mid-game can lean do problems, I will try to let it be for now. Anora still shows in the vanilla gown, so I guess the mod did not really alter her (the other noblewomen's dresses look the same as in any video on YouTube). I have no idea why the console script worked, but the dress itself (on Anora) did not, but as long as it doesn't substantially break the game, I will just leave it.

Many thanks for your help!

EDIT1:

To those interested: Anora's Gown has all files packed into a folder called surprisingly "Anora_Gown", which is found in your Override, so I believe removal wouldn't be too hard - unless it somehow alters other files, which might be.

EDIT2:

My goodness, I am so silly! I figured out why the model of Anora wasn't altered: the mod's author wants the folder to be dropped into Addins. I put it under Override, because the main description didn't contain any information about the directory, so I assumed it's Override. I will try to see if the mod is in Downloadable Content at all and if so, if unchecking it breaks the saves (I've already made a backup - why nobody told me I can only have 500 saves??? :tongue:).

EDIT3:

And my suspicions were confirmed: when put into Override, the mod does not load at all. So it should be safe to remove it entirely to avoid problems other people reported.

Edited by MagdalenaDwojniak