What lore do we have already?

ub3rman123

Umbra wears an orc armor, not draedric, what makes the draedric-bandit event even worse.

For the Myrmaad example, a bandit with a draedric armor is like a bikker piloting an alien spacecraft, a bandit with a dweemer/dwarven or orc armor, even glass armor, is nice for a leader or an experienced group of high profile and well known bandits.

The draedric armor in morrowind was in the hands of Divayth Fyr, a respected ancient sorcerer who had a colection of very rare items, even unique items, the draedric armor was one of those unique items, that is clearly why making it common was completely wrong. Theres even a backstory to Divayth character that explains why is a sorcerer wearing that:

"The simplest and most maddeningly complex way to go to Oblivion was simply to cease to be here, and begin to be there. Throughout history, there are examples of mages who seemed to travel to the realms beyond ours seemingly at will. Many of these voyagers are long dead, if they ever existed, but we were able to find one still living. In a tower off Zafirbel Bay on the island of Vvardenfell in the province of Morrowind there exists a very old, very reclusive wizard named Divayth Fyr."

Edited by Kaskas

Umbra wears an orc armor, not draedric, what makes the draedric-bandit event even worse.

For the Myrmaad example, a bandit with a draedric armor is like a bikker piloting an alien spacecraft, a bandit with a dweemer/dwarven or orc armor, even glass armor, is nice for a leader or an experienced group of high profile and well known bandits.

The draedric armor in morrowind was in the hands of Divayth Fyr, a respected ancient sorcerer who had a colection of very rare items, even unique items, the draedric armor was one of those unique items, that is clearly why making it common was completely wrong. Theres even a backstory to Divayth character that explains why is a sorcerer wearing that:

"The simplest and most maddeningly complex way to go to Oblivion was simply to cease to be here, and begin to be there. Throughout history, there are examples of mages who seemed to travel to the realms beyond ours seemingly at will. Many of these voyagers are long dead, if they ever existed, but we were able to find one still living. In a tower off Zafirbel Bay on the island of Vvardenfell in the province of Morrowind there exists a very old, very reclusive wizard named Divayth Fyr."

Well, you didn't had a daedric invasion back in Morrowind, did you?

That easily explains the huge amount of daedric items in tamriel.

EDIT:

Still, I don't support such an agressive enviroment-leveling system, a nice solution to this would be to set, either after a set number of days or level of the PC, invasions of new fiends, like a new band of really though marauders, dangerous creatures inmigrating from distant lands and things of the like. Of course people should start talking about this events too, it would add a lot to the inmersion.

Edited by zombie00

I'm still thinking that maybe that 200 years thing could be a slip. it never was confirmed. Heck, the guy typing it might have just hit 0 one time too many,

If I see anything in Skyrim, I want to see the Telvanni again. They were the most awesome faction, and according to in-game rumors, they were fighting the daedra as well.

i agree, after 200 years, the oblivion crisis would just be a memory, int he trailer in implys that it JUST happened, like within 10-25 years and that kept this other evil dude(ette) from attacking

I mean , you could easily find/steal.kill for them :D

At level one in Morrowind , you could easily go out and look for Umbra in the mountains and kill her and take her Armor and weapons :D . You could easily trap a Ordinator in the water and watch him drown and take his armor. Also , there were always the Orcish Worshippers who had some of the best weapons. The weapons you could always find at those Daedric Ruins right next to the ruby and the heart :D

I think Myrmaads example was perfect http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Killing Umbra with a level 1 character was easy? Maybe if you toggled god mode in the console. ;) Ordinator (Indoril) armor is good but not the most powerful armor in the game and Orcish daedra worshipers never dropped Daedric weapons, from what I remember only Dremora and the occasional Golden Saint had those.

Stealing weapons from shrines works, yes. Perhaps the amount of Daedric shrines in Vvardenfell at some point suddenly grew exponentially in numbers and were magically filled with weapons and armor, causing every bandit in Cyrodiil to travel there and loot them. That would explain the ridiculous amount of Daedric loot among the bandit population in TES4 Oblivion. :tongue:

We're not discussing the Daedric armor in Vvardenfall, though, we are discussing the amount in Tamriel, during the Oblivion crisis, or in other words, the Daedric invasion. Not that I care, seriously if this is your primary complaint against Oblivion, then I see it as total win.

I was under the impression that we were discussing the amount and availability of daedric armor in Vvardenfell (Morrowind) compared to Cyrodiil (Oblivion), with alonsomartinez stating that "the Daedric Armor part is just how its always been" and me arguing that it hasn't always been as it was in Oblivion.

Also, the level scaling and overabundance of Daedric loot are but two of my issues with Oblivion, but let's leave it at that. :thumbsup:

I like how Fallout 3/fallout new vegas dealt with armor/weapons. You could get power armor but you weren't able to use it. How about having deadric armor require you to be some sort of deadra or something that you must do a quest to become. Maybe have armor more powerful then deadric and have it require a lot of quest to use. Or maybe like in the Knights of the Nine where you must find all pieces of the armor. Imagine some godly armor spread all around Skyrim. And have like right glove left glove etc, not just body and helmet in two spots. If you have all the pieces together after spending a lot of time and money finding it. (not all of them have to be in dungeons protected by ghosts. Some may be found by people who you have to convince to give them to you). We can do the same with a sword having like 9 shards of it you having to find it.

But I believe bandits are bandits. they do not wear holy relic armor. they wear metal armor and as someone else said their leaders might wear orc/glass armor but thats about it.