OBMM Brown box?

SylvanRuin

I am aware of the different color boxes that will be next to the list of mods in the right hand column in Oblivion Mod Manager, Green means its not activated, Blue means it is, Red means it conflicts with something or other, Black is similar.

But what does brown mean?? Next to Deadly Reflex there is a brownish yellow? Can someone tell me please?

I know this is going to sound harsh but here it is anyway. You really need to start reading the documentation for mods and utilities that you are downloading and trying to use. I've read multiple of your "problem" threads over the past few days and most, if not all, of your issues are covered in the corresponding ReadMe's, FAQs, or Official Mod Threads. You need to do research instead of going in so blindly. Otherwise you'll just end up with a huge mess of files and be back to the forums complaining about how mods broke your game, or wonder why things aren't working the way you think they should. You have to put the legwork in to reap the rewards.

From the ReadMe, Main section. Oh, I also did a Google search for "OBMM Brown Box" and guess what the very first result had in it? The answer to your quesstion. You're not putting much effort into this are you?

The omod list:

The right hand panel lists the currently available omod files.

The coloured square next to each mod indicates its status. Blue mods are currently active, green are inactive with no conflicts, orange are....

You can get upset for me being blunt and honest if you wish, but trust me I'm only trying to help you help yourself. It will pay off in the long run.

Good luck!

I know this is going to sound harsh but here it is anyway. You really need to start reading the documentation for mods and utilities that you are downloading and trying to use. I've read multiple of your "problem" threads over the past few days and most, if not all, of your issues are covered in the corresponding ReadMe's, FAQs, or Official Mod Threads. You need to do research instead of going in so blindly. Otherwise you'll just end up with a huge mess of files and be back to the forums complaining about how mods broke your game, or wonder why things aren't working the way you think they should. You have to put the legwork in to reap the rewards.

From the ReadMe, Main section. Oh, I also did a Google search for "OBMM Brown Box" and guess what the very first result had in it? The answer to your quesstion. You're not putting much effort into this are you?

The omod list:

The right hand panel lists the currently available omod files.

The coloured square next to each mod indicates its status. Blue mods are currently active, green are inactive with no conflicts, orange are....

You can get upset for me being blunt and honest if you wish, but trust me I'm only trying to help you help yourself. It will pay off in the long run.

Good luck!

Sorry...

Apart from the Animated window/Better cities/qarls texture thread, the others werent really that simple as to read the readme, and I do read them.

With the thread I made before this one, I only asked because there was an animated windows patch for better cities and qarls textures, and Im only meant to use one, even though I use both mods.

and i searched for an answer to this and the faq only told me of red, black, green and blue colors. I assumed there wouldnt be an answer any different in other sites, I shouldnt have assumed.

Im sorry :(

EDIT - Ive only made four threads, I shouldnt of made this one, I was wrong to do that. But two of them are serious problems that dont have an easy fix. And the other one I made because I was just being extra cautious after coming close to losing my game. Ive downloaded and installed over 100 mods, and am getting the hang of Wrye Bash. So you cant say I never read a readme :(

Edited by SylvanRuin

No no... Don't apologize. I'm not trying to scare you away from asking questions. I'm only saying it's best to do research more thoroughly beforehand. This approach will help you tremendously in the long run. Read the ReadMe's, the FAQs, Official Mod Threads, Plug common phrases into Google and look at the top results, reference the top websites for answers, etc...

With that said, please do ask questions when the solution eludes you. We all started out knowing nothing about this stuff and had to learn somehow. At this point there is a plethora of information available and all it takes is a little digging around to find it. Sometimes a simple Google search is all it takes. Like this issue, I plugged your thread title in the search bar of Google and bam! First result, answer found.

TESIV:POSItive - Start here, it'll keep you occupied for some time and guide you through nearly anything. I still reference this site to this very day, frequently.

Good luck!

No no... Don't apologize. I'm not trying to scare you away from asking questions. I'm only saying it's best to do research more thoroughly beforehand. This approach will help you tremendously in the long run. Read the ReadMe's, the FAQs, Official Mod Threads, Plug common phrases into Google and look at the top results, reference the top websites for answers, etc...

With that said, please do ask questions when the solution eludes you. We all started out knowing nothing about this stuff and had to learn somehow. At this point there is a plethora of information available and all it takes is a little digging around to find it. Sometimes a simple Google search is all it takes. Like this issue, I plugged your thread title in the search bar of Google and bam! First result, answer found.

TESIV:POSItive - Start here, it'll keep you occupied for some time and guide you through nearly anything. I still reference this site to this very day, frequently.

Good luck!

Thank you :) Im glad this ended on a positive note :) I hate conflict...

I'll start digging deeper for answers for now on :)

• 4 years later...

5 years later and this thread is the first Google result, with the jackass answer "LOL Google it". Lesson: get off your high horse and answer these types of questions. For anyone else trying to find the answer:

Brown squares mean that the OMOD will overwrite a file, but the file is the same as the OMOD's version (CRCs match). I imagine this is the same for Morrowind Mod Manager (which is what I was searching for when I was brought here).