dual sheath redux, my shield sticks on my back

Mig35

It seems things will never be right between me and Dual Sheath Redux. Mod is patched the it has to be. Skeleton extended installed and immersive animations as well. At a certain moment my shield remained on my back. The animation of getting the shield from the back and drawing the sword from the hip is there but my shield sticked on my back and nothing I could do to fix this?

I was also able to let the animation for dual dagger placed at the back work, but I could not get the daggers placed there.

Everything is installed and configured the way it should be though?

Any ideas anyone?

Hope someone addresses this because right now I can't get the damn shield to go on my back at all... for the life of me. I've tried reinstalling the Skeleton and DSR as well as rerunning patchers to no avail. At some point the shield just stopped going on my back.

Indeed the problem the other way around. Can it be possible you have missed some instructions about the order in which you have to install the needed mods before DSR? Things like that happen to me sometimes as well. In this case I bellieve it was the skeleton mod first (I have a 2.something extende xp-something), then the immersive animations and then the DSR and patch it. If that is not it, then indeed it so far unexplainable like my issue. Unless I have overlooked something again.... :P

Any changes to load order that include weapons or armor that DSR touches requires running DSR proccer.

IF this isn't the case, and shield sticking on back is persistent...I might suggest running script latency test, you may have too much script running for your hardware.

EDIT: Convenient Horses has Papyrus Latency Test script in MCM menu, just enable, exit menu and watch for results in top left screen.

Found mine out. It may fix your problem.

Make sure XP32 Maximum Skeleton is loaded after any other mods that make skeleton modifications. For NMM users this means installing it last. For me I had installed Cheskos Belt Quivers and it over wrote my maximum skeleton.

Once you've reinstalled XP32 MS then rerun DSR patcher.

In answer to MotoSxorpio: The hardware is most likely not the problem here, although your advice of running the script latency test won't hurt. I have convenient horses, so that can be done.

Is DSR proccer the same as the patch ?

I'm not an NMM/MO user, everything is manual. So installation method is penultimate. Since both the mod managers are going to profiling and one uses virtual folders...seems overly complex...but Yeah, with loose files installation order is something one will have to take into consideration when installing something like DSR. I've always gone with this:

Step 1: install appropriate XPMS skeleton
Step 2: install DSR
Step 3: install immersive animations appropriate to XPMS skeleton
step 4: install FNIS
Step 5: run SUM.jar or DSR.jar Skyproccer
Step 6: run FNIS for users
if you use BashedPatch...run it between step 2 and step 3, enabling DSR before rebuilding...
DSR patch should be lower in load order than Bashed.

However, this does not take into account having other mods that manipulate the default skeleton.nifs.