dual sheath redux, my shield sticks on my back

Mig35

Ah thank you both. I also recently discovered the existence of Equipping Overhaul. That mod works also with DSR meshes and immersive animations etc etc. I might want to check that one out as well.

Gamerpoets has a similar load order but they run Bashed Patch prior to FNIS and DSR after FNIS. I've had alot of success with their load order based on STEP. It's in my stability guide

http://www.craigandchris.com/how-to-fix-skyrim-ctds-hangs-and-memory-issues/

Make Sure Youre Happy With Your Mod Setup (This Will Need To Be Rerun Any Time You Enable And Disable Mods)

Disable Any Previous Bashed Patches

Disable Fores New Idles In Skyrim (FNIS)

Disable Any FNIS Patches

Disable Dual Sheath Redux

Disable Any DSR Patches

Disable Any Other SkyProc Patchers

Disable Any Other Mods That Require Their Own Custom Patch

Disable Any Mods Dependent On The Previously Disabled Mods

Resort Mods Using LOOT

If You Havent Already, Create Your Merged Patch (Using Creating A Merged Patch Using TES5Edit Section)

Create Your Bashed Patch (Using The Video Above)

Enable And Regenerate Patch For Fores New Idles In Skyrim (FNIS)

Enable All Other Disabled Mods Above And Generate Their Respective Patches

Of course there is more than one way to do this. Mod organizer, even though it has a learning curve saves hours of troubleshooting headaches. :)

So based on both your instructions: first load mods like DSR or Equipping Overhaul and eventually Immersive animations and realistic weapon positions (discoverd that one recently) then the fnis including the update file (which you have to generate in MO) and then finally the skeleton?

All Geared Up or Equipping overhaul. I prefer AGU. Mixing Realistic Weapon Positions in there might undo XPMS's skeleton, which should be compatible take the place of any mod that adjusts positions. All Geared Up has options to adjust positions and slots being used for geared up items. Say the axes are too close to swords on hip, MCM menu allows for moving either item x/y/z positionally.

But back to the question above: yes, you have the order correct. After skeleton: run DSR jar patcher and then FNIS, and yer done.

Thought so indeed. Right now I stick to EqO with a simple (but insanely enchanted :P) greatsword, dagger, bow and quiver. Cannot get the shield on my back, although the mod promise that enequipped but favoured shield should be placed there. Might have something to do with a body slot. My character wears a cape, could be that the cape takes the corresponging bodyslot..... ?

Well, could be it hasn't now that you mention. It is a modded shield and therefore it might also be not fully compatible with mod like DSR. On the other hand I have copied the DSR meshes in the Skyrim data folder, and it supposed to be compatible with skyforge shields. How do I recognise a shield on back mesh?