LF animation replacer for side-stepping...

Dahveed

Hiya!

Okay so after finally beating Oblivion, here I am starting Morrowind, basically working my way back in the series as I am a late comer.

So far I think the (modded) graphics look absolutely great considering its age, and a lot of the "dated" animations, graphics and mechanics are all perfectly acceptable. I honestly expected it to look and play like complete crap, but I wanted to play it anyways because I keep hearing how it's the best ES game in the series. However I have been pleasantly surprised by how great it looks.

This being said, the one final barrier to really kicking things into fifth gear for me is the animations, specifically the sidestepping animations. I can live with the dated animations in general, but every time I see my character sidestepping I feel like I want to vomit.

I was able to find animation replacers for Oblivion which make your character simply run/walk sideways rather than sidestep, and even turn around and run backwards when you moved back. But so far I haven't found anything even close to this for Morrowind.

Does anyone know of an animation mod for Morrowind that does this?

Thanks in advance!

Oblivion (and I guess Skyrim) have lots of individual animation files for each different animation. Morrowind doesn't, there's just a single monolithic file with every animation included.

So changing animations is not something there's been much of.

Liztail's Animation Kit supposedly helps here, although I've never used it and a few people have reported problems using it. That could be user error though.

Maybe there's something here: Animation Mod List (Bethsoft)

• 3 months later...

Oblivion (and I guess Skyrim) have lots of individual animation files for each different animation. Morrowind doesn't, there's just a single monolithic file with every animation included.

So changing animations is not something there's been much of.

Liztail's Animation Kit supposedly helps here, although I've never used it and a few people have reported problems using it. That could be user error though.

Maybe there's something here: Animation Mod List (Bethsoft)

Liztail's animation kit 2.1 works great for pulling apart the monolithic .kf files, doing whatever it is you want to do to them, and then merge them all back together into a new monolithic file.

What doesn't seem to work properly is using the feature that lets you use the animation kit GUI to create/run multiple layers of animation folders that work together.

But whatever... just having the split and merge command line tools is good enough.

Edited by Daemonjax