All plug-ins being unselected

Unholypaladin

My problem is more of an annoyance than anything. Every time I change something, like activate or deactivate a plug-in, or install a new mod, all of my plug-ins deselected themselves and I have to reselect all of them. Never happened before, and I would like to know why it is happening now.

There's two possible reasons for this.

One is only an issue if your OS is Vista or above:

magically unchecking plugins sounds like a UAC problem, these occur when you install Skyrim (or any moddable game) to the default location in C/Program Files in any Windows OS from Vista upwards. Write permissions are simply not reliably given for that location so it's recommended that you install/move Skyrim (and any other modable game) to a different location such as C/Games.

The other might occur on even XP based machines:

If plugins won't stay activated, or simply fail to work after activating them, first make sure the plugins.txt (and DLClist.txt) files, under the \Skyrim\ folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\ on XP or C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local\ on Vista/7 are writable by opening their properties and unchecking the tick mark box for "read only". Then go back into NMM and reactivate them.

I've already deactivated UAC, and none of my skyrim files in AppData are read only. I've been modding for years, so I know most of the usual quick fixes. I now believe it to be a problem with Nexus Mod Manager, because it's only when I am using Nexus Mod Manager that my plug-ins deactivate, the plug-in manager in the default launcher works fine. I'm usually pretty good at solving problems like this on my own, but this time I'm at a loss.

THE NEW NEXUS MOD MANAGER UPDATE HAS GONE INSANE. 1st the select all and select none was not working for the update.esm. then today it wouldn't delete mods. I'm having bugs in several mods like convenient horses that have always worked before. this nexus mod manager update is not working and I need to roll back to the one before but I cannot find the version before this.

Yeah, hopefully they fix it soon. Until they come out with a more stable version, I guess I'm just going to have to use the default manager. I must admit, it's gonna be hard. I've been spoiled by nexus mod manager, and to go back to the days of manual installation and uninstallations, it's gonna be hard, but it must be done.