Cannot download manually or with manager

ShadoGazer

As topic says. I'm not able to download any mods from any section (I've tried several different sections/games). Click on download with manager, it seems to download fine, but when I look to see whether it was downloaded to NMM, it was not, though logging in works just fine. I can't even download manually, as I'll see a brief "popup" that normally happens for manual downloads, then 3 seconds later, the site redirects to the main nexus game page, thus, not downloading the intended mod. I've tried clearing my internet cache, rebooting my PC, using a different browser, etc. Nothing has helped, I am unable to download any mods, whether or not I am using mod manager (I try not to, as I'm trying to learn how to order my mods manually)....any suggestions on what I should try now? Oh, I also tried to use a different download server, this also does not help.

*EDIT* was able to use the CDN to download manually, though obviously I'm having slow downloads, as I am assuming a lot of users are on this..

Edited by ShadoGazer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having an issue. I cannot get anything to download since i payed to become premium. I have not used this site in awhile, since it seems worthless without paying, but I bought a month to mod Witcher 2 before I played it. AdBlock gives warnings about this site, because of all the "shame on you" messages it hides in place of ads, so I had it running something extra to remove those ads/guilttrips but thats not the issue now as Ive done evertyhing including uninstall/reinstall adblock after whitelisting , neither worked.

The one or two files out of every hundred that support the Nexus Downloader Option seem to work, but thats not useful for most things. I get redirected to http://www.nexusmods.com/games/? after clicking on the premium download link popup which i select Dallas premium from, since it says "As a premium user select one of these" Then im thrown back and it doesn't acknowedge my premium account status and bombards me with "Support us and upgrade" messages still. This is after going to settings and clicking the options to not use a pop-up and use another page instead. I also selected my preferred download location in my options, which I assume means, my options know Im premium.

How do you make this site work after giving them your money or do they not have the network to backup their claims, or whats going on? I've tried 4 browsers, and only the one that is integrated to IDM will pickup anything, and I doubt thats on purpose.

"Thank you for your payment for 1 Month - Premium Membership. Your payment has been received and your purchase is now active. "

Changing CDn, Using Admin Rights, Changing Browsers, disabling pop in settings, re-enabling popups, etc, Does Not Fix.

@[email protected]; Use one topic to discuss your issue. Posting the same thing in different ones just leads to confusion as people answer in one place but then see more posts in another.

I just downloaded two DAO mods using the link to the site provided by you.

No problems. One was 64KB, the other was 70MB. Used "Manual" both times (which means the CDN.)

So my guess would be it's something on the client-side... :ermm:

NOTE: There is NO "paywall" whatsoever. The only real difference in download speeds between Premium and non-Premium since the CDN was established is the 1Mbps cap on non-Premium.

A link to the specific file you're trying to get might be useful... :whistling:

I just checked again and I'm still having the same problem. I downloaded something earlier today on the same computer without any problems, so I don't know what could be going wrong client side.

Is there any more info I can give that would be helpful?

My problems are in the Dragon Age Inquisition section although I just tried in DAO and I was still redirected to the main page. The file does show in my DL history (so it makes for a great bookmark but nothing more.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/4096

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/303/

Sun did release a Java update very recently. If that popup server menu is Java controlled that might have something to do with it. Just a wild guess.