nude mods not working

raum5678

I started using NMM today for the first time and all is going good except I can't seem to get the nude female mod to work. I downloaded and installed around 20 mods and all seem to be working except that one. Any tips/suggestions? Thanks.

if it's CBBE you have to run Bodyslide for the files to show up.

No you don't. BodySlide is 100% optional.

Anyway, OP, the other two posters gave some very good questions/info.

Which 'nude female' mod? There are probably around 100 of the things around Nexus by now, and that's not including mods that simply remove outfits from female characters/make the outfits invisible, rather than replace the body.

If it's a female body replacer mod, are you looking at an unclothed character, or a clothed one? If a clothed one, go kill a bandit and remover her armour to see if the body mod is working. If the character is still using the vanilla body, go through this from the CBBE FAQ:

Q3a: Why are the bodies not changing after I install?

A1: You didn't install a CBBE-compatible armour/clothing replacer and are not looking at a nude female adult character.

A2: You're using a custom race and didn't copy over the meshes/textures into the race's folders.

A3: Go to Documents/My Games/Skyrim and open Skyrim.ini with WordPad/NotePad. Look for the [ARCHIVE] section, and if you see bInvalidateOlderFiles=0, change the 0 to a 1...or delete the entire line.

A4: You're not using a Steam-connected copy of the game. Buy the game legally and you're all set.

If the body mod is working and you want the clothes/armour to be the same shape as the body, most body mods have conversions for people to use with the body mod. You'll have to find those yourself.