Low fps in certain areas

rammler

Hello.

I have a problem with my skyrim. I have maximum settings, no ENB and 2x AA and 16x Anisotropic filter and play at 1080p. my skyrim is the legendary edition with all dlcs and from steam. its located in the original steam location under steamapps/comon/skyrim. but it is not on the windows partition.

I get always the maximum of 60 fps. But when watching to a city like whiterun or riverwood from some spots the fps drops down to nearly 20 or 30. I can not understand why. here is a picutre of a spot where i get only 28 fps:

leaving-riverwood.jpg

NOTE: This picture is not from my pc. i found it in the internet, but it is the same spot from the bridge facing riverwood. looking to whiterun from the dragon reach causes also lower fps. i also made a test with my hardware and testet if my gpu is full or the cpu is too weak:

My fps drops, but not a single piece of my hardware is near its limit. here are my comlplete specs:

I7 5820k @ 4,5ghz OC

GTX 970 SLI OC

16 GB 2666 MHZ ddr4 kingston hyperX fury

1 TB seagate HDD 7.200 rpm

Gigabyte gaming 5 mainboard x99

Because of the load test i would mean that my pc is not the problem. i tested benchmarks and got good results. i think my pc should handle skyrim in 1080p and full settings, but in some areas it breakes down. So i think the game is badly optimized or my mods make trouble. i use the nexus mod manager by the way and the newest SKSE. so here is my loot report:

Summary
Details
Filters
The LOOT Report requires Javascript to be enabled in order to function.
  • Skyrim.esm
    CRC: C665FD56
  • Update.esm
    CRC: E5B67BDA
    C.Location, Delev, Invent, Relev
    • Warning: Contains 92 ITM records and 3 UDR records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    CRC: 26DD4BAD
    Version: 2.1.1
    C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, C.Owner, C.Water, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Sound, Stats
  • Dawnguard.esm
    CRC: BD72CCF3
    C.Location, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound
    • Warning: Contains 619 ITM records, 82 UDR records and 57 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    CRC: 268672D7
    C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.Location, C.Name, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • HearthFires.esm
    CRC: AF82CE6A
    C.Location, Graphics, Invent
    • Warning: Contains 184 ITM records, 11 UDR records and 5 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
    CRC: F4095E63
    C.Climate, C.Location, C.Owner, C.Water, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • Dragonborn.esm
    CRC: A9F83BFF
    C.Location, Graphics, Invent, Names
    • Warning: Contains 61 ITM records, 8 UDR records and 1 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    CRC: 188FB75D
    C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
    CRC: 918881A7
    Version: 3.1
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
  • JSwords.esm
    CRC: 5C5F1687
    • Warning: Version 14.0 compatibility patch fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained "http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26230 here".
    • Warning: Contains unexpected (or out of order) records. A compatibility patch fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained here.
  • Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
    CRC: AC4A653A
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp
    CRC: D596F02A
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
    CRC: 7EBC542
    Version: 1.1.9
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp
    CRC: 8A8A009F
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
    CRC: D6C72A3C
  • imp_helm_legend.esp
    CRC: 19E2D968
  • Perfect Legionnaire - Full Helmet.esp
    CRC: D8593C1E
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
    CRC: 910FBBF3
    • Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.
  • Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
    CRC: 4B399546
  • CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
    CRC: 2FEA325D
    • Warning: Contains 5 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • HedgeKnight.esp
    CRC: A7A55AB3
    • Warning: Contains 2 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Perfect Legionnaire - Troops Re-equipment.esp
    CRC: 9D3640C7
  • Footprints.esp
    CRC: E87C93C0
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
    CRC: 9FFF2A85
  • CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
    CRC: 856DA318
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
    CRC: 674C05BC
  • dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
    CRC: FB51E4FC
  • SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.esp
    CRC: 43A4FD69
    • Warning: Contains 129 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Helgen Reborn.esp
    CRC: 89FDD3C9
    Version: 105.2
  • 10XCarryWeight.esp
    CRC: 9A376D81
  • SoS - The Wilds.esp
    CRC: C1743294
    Version: 1.13
    • Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
    • Warning: Contains 8 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Birdsofskyrim.esp
    CRC: CF25ED24
    • Warning: Contains 32 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Civil War Overhaul.esp
    CRC: DF877E09
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
    CRC: 6DEDE258
  • Immersive Weapons.esp
    CRC: E41D31D
    Delev, Relev
  • PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
    CRC: A2502A27
    Relev
  • RaceMenu.esp
    CRC: 2765B7D0
  • SkyUI.esp
    CRC: 9330CAF7
    Version: 4.1
  • Vivid Landscapes.esp
  • SoS - Civilization.esp
    CRC: 5EF1D362
    Version: 1.02
    • Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
  • SoS - The Dungeons.esp
    CRC: 79377267
    Version: 1.23
  • FortDawnguardEnhanced.esp
    CRC: 56C4E14E
    • Warning: This file contains 9 deleted NavMesh record(s) that TES5Edit cannot repair automatically and it may cause problems with your game. NavMesh deletions should be reported to the mod author. A guide to repairing NavMesh deletions with TES5Edit is located here.
    • Warning: Contains 27 ITM records and 102 UDR records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
    CRC: 3DE3F58
    • Warning: Contains 36 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • RealisticWaterTwo.esp
    CRC: A505BEA9
    Version: 1.11
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
    CRC: A0056AE4
  • Run For Your Lives.esp
    CRC: 14161252
    Version: 2.0.5
  • UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
    CRC: D0ED3585
    Version: 1.2j
    • Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.
  • fallentreebridges.esp
    CRC: B6B2A54C
  • UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
    CRC: 9586A53
  • SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
    CRC: BF8F3890
    • Warning: Contains 39 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • SMIM-Merged-All.esp
    CRC: 46D0D2C0
  • Immersive Patrols II.esp
    CRC: 3F468AE7
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
    CRC: AD5EC241
  • SFO - Dragonborn.esp
    CRC: C9DB0844
  • SPOAsilverknight.esp
    CRC: B918522A
  • UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
    CRC: 911AF294
  • UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp
    CRC: 819B9DE8
Version Information LOOT Version 0.6.1 Masterlist Updating Enabled Masterlist Revision 5e9c2af82 Masterlist Date 2015-04-13
Plugin & Message Counts Active Plugins 60 Dirty Plugins 12 Total Plugins 60 Warnings 17 Errors 0 Total Messages 26
General Messages
  • Note: There have been no changes in the Details tab since LOOT was last run for this game.
  • Note: 최신 LOOT 스레드.
  • Note: SKSE가 최신버전입니다.
Hide Version Numbers
Hide CRCs
Hide Bash Tag Suggestions
Hide Notes
Hide 'Do Not Clean' Messages
Hide Inactive Plugin Messages
Hide All Plugin Messages
Hide Messageless Plugins
Plugins hidden: 0 / 60
Messages hidden: 0 / 26

this is my first post here. so i hope i made a correct topic with all the necessary reports you need. thanks for your help.

Edited by rammler

I'm not being sarcastic when I ask: how do you even notice the fps drop? 30 is still quite fluid. I get framerates of about 10 in some areas, try living with that!

Anyway, now for my advice:

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

Did you follow the recommended settings for this mod? Not doing it properly can result in low framerates. I should know, I had to uninstall it since I cannot run this mod on my system.

Try optimizing that mod and then download this (SFO option):

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33582/?

Report back your fps results

Hello.

I have a problem with my skyrim. I have maximum settings, no ENB and 2x AA and 16x Anisotropic filter and play at 1080p. my skyrim is the legendary edition with all dlcs and from steam. its located in the original steam location under steamapps/comon/skyrim. but it is not on the windows partition.

I get always the maximum of 60 fps. But when watching to a city like whiterun or riverwood from some spots the fps drops down to nearly 20 or 30. I can not understand why. here is a picutre of a spot where i get only 28 fps:

leaving-riverwood.jpg

NOTE: This picture is not from my pc. i found it in the internet, but it is the same spot from the bridge facing riverwood. looking to whiterun from the dragon reach causes also lower fps. i also made a test with my hardware and testet if my gpu is full or the cpu is too weak:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifScreenshot_.jpg

My fps drops, but not a single piece of my hardware is near its limit. here are my comlplete specs:

I7 5820k @ 4,5ghz OC

GTX 970 SLI OC

16 GB 2666 MHZ ddr4 kingston hyperX fury

1 TB seagate HDD 7.200 rpm

Gigabyte gaming 5 mainboard x99

Because of the load test i would mean that my pc is not the problem. i tested benchmarks and got good results. i think my pc should handle skyrim in 1080p and full settings, but in some areas it breakes down. So i think the game is badly optimized or my mods make trouble. i use the nexus mod manager by the way and the newest SKSE. so here is my loot report:

Summary
Details
Filters
The LOOT Report requires Javascript to be enabled in order to function.
  • Skyrim.esm
    CRC: C665FD56
  • Update.esm
    CRC: E5B67BDA
    C.Location, Delev, Invent, Relev
    • Warning: Contains 92 ITM records and 3 UDR records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    CRC: 26DD4BAD
    C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, C.Owner, C.Water, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Sound, Stats
  • Dawnguard.esm
    CRC: BD72CCF3
    C.Location, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound
    • Warning: Contains 619 ITM records, 82 UDR records and 57 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    CRC: 268672D7
    C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.Location, C.Name, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • HearthFires.esm
    CRC: AF82CE6A
    C.Location, Graphics, Invent
    • Warning: Contains 184 ITM records, 11 UDR records and 5 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
    CRC: F4095E63
    C.Climate, C.Location, C.Owner, C.Water, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • Dragonborn.esm
    CRC: A9F83BFF
    C.Location, Graphics, Invent, Names
    • Warning: Contains 61 ITM records, 8 UDR records and 1 deleted navmeshes. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    CRC: 188FB75D
    C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Sound, Stats
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
    CRC: 918881A7
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
  • JSwords.esm
    CRC: 5C5F1687
    • Warning: Version 14.0 compatibility patch fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained "http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26230 here".
    • Warning: Contains unexpected (or out of order) records. A compatibility patch fixed and cleaned with TES5Edit can be obtained here.
  • Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
    CRC: AC4A653A
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
    CRC: 7EBC542
    Version: 1.1.9
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp
    CRC: 8A8A009F
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
    CRC: D6C72A3C
  • imp_helm_legend.esp
    CRC: 19E2D968
  • Perfect Legionnaire - Full Helmet.esp
    CRC: D8593C1E
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
    CRC: 910FBBF3
    • Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.
  • Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
    CRC: 4B399546
  • CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
    CRC: 2FEA325D
    • Warning: Contains 5 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • HedgeKnight.esp
    CRC: A7A55AB3
    • Warning: Contains 2 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Perfect Legionnaire - Troops Re-equipment.esp
    CRC: 9D3640C7
  • Footprints.esp
    CRC: E87C93C0
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
    CRC: 9FFF2A85
  • CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
    CRC: 856DA318
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
    CRC: 674C05BC
  • dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
    CRC: FB51E4FC
  • SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.esp
    CRC: 43A4FD69
    • Warning: Contains 129 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Helgen Reborn.esp
    CRC: 89FDD3C9
    Version: 105.2
  • 10XCarryWeight.esp
    CRC: 9A376D81
  • SoS - The Wilds.esp
    CRC: C1743294
    Version: 1.13
    • Warning: Contains 8 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Birdsofskyrim.esp
    CRC: CF25ED24
    • Warning: Contains 32 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • Civil War Overhaul.esp
    CRC: DF877E09
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
    CRC: 6DEDE258
  • Immersive Weapons.esp
    CRC: E41D31D
    Delev, Relev
  • PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
    CRC: A2502A27
    Relev
  • RaceMenu.esp
    CRC: 2765B7D0
  • SkyUI.esp
    CRC: 9330CAF7
    Version: 4.1
  • Vivid Landscapes.esp
  • SoS - Civilization.esp
    CRC: 5EF1D362
    Version: 1.02
  • SoS - The Dungeons.esp
    CRC: 79377267
    Version: 1.23
  • FortDawnguardEnhanced.esp
    CRC: 56C4E14E
    • Warning: This file contains 9 deleted NavMesh record(s) that TES5Edit cannot repair automatically and it may cause problems with your game. NavMesh deletions should be reported to the mod author. A guide to repairing NavMesh deletions with TES5Edit is located here.
    • Warning: Contains 27 ITM records and 102 UDR records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
    CRC: 3DE3F58
    • Warning: Contains 36 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • RealisticWaterTwo.esp
    CRC: A505BEA9
    Version: 1.11
  • RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
    CRC: A0056AE4
  • Run For Your Lives.esp
    CRC: 14161252
    Version: 2.0.5
  • UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
    CRC: D0ED3585
    Version: 1.2j
    • Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.
  • fallentreebridges.esp
    CRC: B6B2A54C
  • UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
    CRC: 9586A53
  • SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
    CRC: BF8F3890
    • Warning: Contains 39 ITM records. Clean with TES5Edit.
  • SMIM-Merged-All.esp
    CRC: 46D0D2C0
  • Immersive Patrols II.esp
    CRC: 3F468AE7
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
    CRC: AD5EC241
  • SFO - Dragonborn.esp
    CRC: C9DB0844
  • SPOAsilverknight.esp
    CRC: B918522A
  • UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
    CRC: 911AF294
  • UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp
    CRC: 819B9DE8
Version Information LOOT Version 0.6.1 Masterlist Updating Enabled Masterlist Revision 5e9c2af82 Masterlist Date 2015-04-13
Plugin & Message Counts Active Plugins 60 Dirty Plugins 12 Total Plugins 60 Warnings 17 Errors 0 Total Messages 26
General Messages
  • Note: There have been no changes in the Details tab since LOOT was last run for this game.
  • Note: 최신 LOOT 스레드.
  • Note: SKSE가 최신버전입니다.
Hide Version Numbers

Hide CRCs

Hide Bash Tag Suggestions

Hide Notes

Hide 'Do Not Clean' Messages

Hide Inactive Plugin Messages

Hide All Plugin Messages

Hide Messageless Plugins

Plugins hidden: 0 / 60
Messages hidden: 0 / 26

this is my first post here. so i hope i made a correct topic with all the necessary reports you need. thanks for your help.

Based on the SPM report you are not getting decent CPU or GPU usage. 10-14 %

Are you using an ENB ? or ENB Boost ?

Diable SLI and retest...

Is the game properly set-up in the driver NVIDIA control panel ?

I set my ini like its mentioned in the descrition of the flora overhaul mod. i tried the grass-mod also, but the effect is the same. when i use an ENB the fps drop nearly 20. without an ENB it is around 30. its really weird because i have 60 fps everywhere else. but when i look from the distance to a town the fps breaks down. i tested the better-cities mod to look if something changes. and with a bigger riverwood, the fps drops 4 to 6 more than before.

@Reynard131: i was wondering about the average usage too. the report was made without an ENB or ENB Boost. I thought that the average usage shows the power of my system and that the cpu and gpu were handling the game easily. but i really don't know. What do you mean with nvidia control panel? i did not changed anything there. at the moment i am not sure if it is a problem of my hardware or the software. the hardware should manage to keep this game at minimum of 60 fps in 1080p and without any ENB. and i think the SPM report underlines my assumption. the game runs completly fluid in the most areas, but when i move the camera and face riverwood it runs down to 20 fps.... really weird. when i look at the report, i had a fps drop at the 25. mark. the gpu usage was growing up, but only to 30%! why doesnt it go up to 100%? shouldn't this be the normal case?

SLI scales poorly at 1080p one card can run it. SLI is only really good at 1440p and higher.

Disable SLI and test.

Enable DSR (dynamic super res.) and Supersample test it at 1.2 1.5 2.0 x native resolution.

You can go as high as 4.0 x native resolution.

okay i found the issue. it is a driver problem with the new gtx 9xx cards. the cards are not able to use their full potential in some games and cause frame drops.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/781982/geforce-drivers/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-feedback-gathering-low-gpu-load-and-other-issues-/163/

other people have the problem as well. i think i have to wait for a new driver update. thanks for all the help

okay i found the issue. it is a driver problem with the new gtx 9xx cards. the cards are not able to use their full potential in some games and cause frame drops.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/781982/geforce-drivers/nvidia-geforce-gtx-900-series-feedback-gathering-low-gpu-load-and-other-issues-/163/

other people have the problem as well. i think i have to wait for a new driver update. thanks for all the help

You will never get a solution waiting for NVIDIA they have their Bangalore team working at it...So they have gotten your cash.. with no solution. The cards have been out for Six Months.....There are no solutions in the pipeline.

I have a GTX 970 the biggest issues are not setting up correctly, and lack of profiles. I have been able to get mine operating correctly.

Good luck with waiting on NVIDIA !