Little Help Here

NeonDX7

Alright, since you guys are the smart ones here, I ran into a bit of trouble.................I was playing Skyrim last night, and the game froze. I was too lazy last night to find a solution to this, so here I am now, I suspect it's the mod's causing this as I have over 40 mods installed, I'll give you guys my load order, I would be nice to get this freezing problem sorted it out, lol, help is much appreciaated :) Anywho, loadorder.

ApachiiHairMales.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
RLO - Adaptive Interiors Vanilla Weathers Patch.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp
BetterMagic_FULL.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
bound weapons redux.esp
SkyUI.esp
Brows.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
ImmersiveSpells.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
TrueEyes.esp
TrueEyesElves.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
BFSEffects.esp
WetandCold.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
CLARALUX.esp
CLARALUX-HF-Patch.esp
CLARALUX-DG-Patch.esp
OverflowingEnchant.esp
Footprints.esp
MineMarkers.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
Immersive Jewelry.esp
SBF All In One + DLC.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
tSSSSS.esp
Holidays.esp

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to help a fellow member out!!

You have a number of mods that are overhauls and have features that would put a terrible strain on your graphics card. I, too, encountered something similar to what you are experiencing. I was running Skyrim Flora Overhaul -- among others -- and my frame rate dropped to a crawl, and completely froze if I tried to enter Whiterun. I had to get rid of most of the overhauls, and almost all of the high resolution texture replacers.

The textures I'm using are Coverwomen for female skin textures, and Better Males, Better Bodies for male skin textures and for the male bodybuilder mesh. I also use Superior Lore-Friendly Hair, since it makes the Bethesda hair appear soft and shiny, but I'm only running the 1K version. I VERY MUCH recommend the following mod, if you want something better than vanilla textures. In fact, I'd use Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized instead of the High Res texture packs Bethesda released:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9080/?

As for overhauls, your water replacers I think can be a huge problem; the Skyrim world is full of water and water moves. A lot. It takes a lot of your computer's resources to run anything that changes water. The same can be said for grass. Most people have issues when trying to increase the amount of grass in their games.

My graphics card is only 1 gig, so I've got to take that into consideration when modding my game. I got rid of Skyrim Flora Overhaul, completely steered clear of anything that changes water, didn't even consider the ones involving blood textures, was really leery of the footprints one since I've read that one can cause issues, went with low resolution textures wherever I could, and used the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized as my main texture replacer for everything other than player-created armor, hair, skin, and makeup.

At the moment I have 188 mods. The vast majority of them are stand-alone armors since I'm a sucker for anything pretty and/or badass looking. I have a few house mods, two or three overhauls and new lands, and a couple of hair packs. My game runs fine.

This tutorial has been invaluable. I teaches a way to increase the amount of memory Skyrim can use. Pay particular attention to #6 for that:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56894/?

Good luck and hope this helps!

Edited by Jimmyjojo

did you run LOOT? also are you able to reload your game? is it crashing a lot? can you give me a bit more info about the over all issue?

No CTDS so far, just freezing my specs are

Lenovo Y50 UHD Display (MultiTouch) - 59421830 - Black - Intel Core i7-4710HQ / 512GB Solid State Drive / 16GB RAM / 15.6" UHD 3840x2160 Display with Multitouch screen / NVidia GeForce 860m 4GB / Windows 8.1

You have a number of mods that are overhauls and have features that would put a terrible strain on your graphics card. I, too, encountered something similar to what you are experiencing. I was running Skyrim Flora Overhaul -- among others -- and my frame rate dropped to a crawl, and completely froze if I tried to enter Whiterun. I had to get rid of most of the overhauls, and almost all of the high resolution texture replacers.

The textures I'm using are Coverwomen for female skin textures, and Better Males, Better Bodies for male skin textures and for the male bodybuilder mesh. I also use Superior Lore-Friendly Hair, since it makes the Bethesda hair appear soft and shiny, but I'm only running the 1K version. I VERY MUCH recommend the following mod, if you want something better than vanilla textures. In fact, I'd use Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized instead of the High Res texture packs Bethesda released:

As for overhauls, your water replacers I think can be a huge problem; the Skyrim world is full of water and water moves. A lot. It takes a lot of your computer's resources to run anything that changes water. The same can be said for grass. Most people have issues when trying to increase the amount of grass in their games.

My graphics card is only 1 gig, so I've got to take that into consideration when modding my game. I got rid of Skyrim Flora Overhaul, completely steered clear of anything that changes water, didn't even consider the ones involving blood textures, was really leery of the footprints one since I've read that one can cause issues, went with low resolution textures wherever I could, and used the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized as my main texture replacer for everything other than player-created armor, hair, skin, and makeup.

At the moment I have 188 mods. The vast majority of them are stand-alone armors since I'm a sucker for anything pretty and/or badass looking. I have a few house mods, two or three overhauls and new lands, and a couple of hair packs. My game runs fine.

This tutorial has been invaluable. I teaches a way to increase the amount of memory Skyrim can use. Pay particular attention to #6 for that:

Yeah, I have a pretty high end computer though, I'll look in to this, thanks for the help!! I thought it was maybe the load order.

Yeah, I have a pretty high end computer though, I'll look in to this, thanks for the help!! I thought it was maybe the load order.

It might be your load order. I always rely entirely on LOOT for that, and I'm assuming you are as well. I also run Wrye Bash too, and look for any errors it picks up. Again, you're probably already doing that. Even so, you're running some resource gobbling mods, and in my experience, that's what causes freezing problems. I had a mod that beautified Riverwood and you wouldn't believe how stuttery my game got everytime I entered that cell. Getting rid of that mod fixed it.

I would take a look at the tutorial I put a link up for, and considering following #6. It too helped with stuttering and freezing. My game runs pretty smooth these days thanks to all those changes I made. I hope this helps. It's frustrating when your game is unplayable.

Now, if only I could figure why my game randomly crashes when looting a body...

It might be your load order. I always rely entirely on LOOT for that, and I'm assuming you are as well. I also run Wrye Bash too, and look for any errors it picks up. Again, you're probably already doing that. Even so, you're running some resource gobbling mods, and in my experience, that's what causes freezing problems. I had a mod that beautified Riverwood and you wouldn't believe how stuttery my game got everytime I entered that cell. Getting rid of that mod fixed it.

I would take a look at the tutorial I put a link up for, and considering following #6. It too helped with stuttering and freezing. My game runs pretty smooth these days thanks to all those changes I made. I hope this helps. It's frustrating when your game is unplayable.

Now, if only I could figure why my game randomly crashes when looting a body...

I never known about LOOT until Qwerty mentioned it, lol. I just downloaded LOOT, how does this work? I mean, how do I figure out the conflicting mods.