Tried everything... game still crashes

TheUglyIgloo

My Skyrim is very light on mods. I have a few texture and sound replacers, and a pretty much standard list of ESP mods. Here's what LOOT returns whenever I run it for Skyrim:

• Skyrim.esm
    CRC: C665FD56
  • Update.esm
    CRC: 6C9DEE4
    C.Location, Delev, Invent, Relev
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    CRC: 26DD4BAD
    Version: 2.1.1
    C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, C.Owner, C.Water, Delev, Graphics, Invent, Names, Relev, Sound, Stats
  • Skyrim Project Optimization.esm
    CRC: 1E80ED53
  • moonpath.esm
    CRC: 1F723091
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
    CRC: 918881A7
    Version: 3.1
  • BetterQuestObjectives.esp
    CRC: C71C862D
  • Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
    CRC: AFACD2E9
    • Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.
  • SkyUI.esp
    CRC: 9330CAF7
    Version: 4.1
  • Tamriel Reloaded HD.esp
    CRC: EC222A1D
  • 3DNPC.esp
    CRC: E05FD31C
    Version: 3.09
  • Helgen Reborn.esp
    CRC: 91F56C13
    Version: 105.3
  • Volundr.esp
    CRC: BB61F239
  • moonpath_questdata.esp
    CRC: 40B15C70
  • SuperSkyrimBros.esp
    CRC: E2D1419C
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
    CRC: 7E92734F
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp
    CRC: 206F4887
    Version: 32
Version Information LOOT Version 0.6.1 Masterlist Updating Enabled Masterlist Revision 5e9c2af82 Masterlist Date 2015-04-13
Plugin & Message Counts Active Plugins 17 Dirty Plugins 0 Total Plugins 20 Warnings 0 Errors 0 Total Messages 4
General Messages
  • Note: There have been no changes in the Details tab since LOOT was last run for this game.
  • Note: Latest LOOT thread.
  • Note: Your SKSE is up-to-date.

I also used Wrye Bash to "bash" the unofficial patch and Update.esm together into the "Bashed Patch" file. Also, all the mods in this list are active. I don't see any Papyrus error logs in my Logs folder, either.

When I usually crash:

I usually crash when enemies become alert in dungeons or when I'm exploring the wilderness. My most recent crash was in the Lighthouse near Winterhold when I finally found the Chauruses in the cellar. They actually processed for approximately 10-15 seconds but then I had a CTD mid-fight.

Try downloading the Memory Blocks Log and enable it. Play the game as normal. When it crashes the Memory Blocks Log will create a log file. This is going to tell us if you're running out of memory. Since to me it sounds like the crashes are occurring during potentially memory heavy instances (enemy combat ai initiating).

If you're using NMM the log file will be in your Skyrim data folder SKSE > Plugins

If you're using MO then it'll be in the Overwrite

Thanks, I'll try this. It should be noted that I'm on a low mid-end system (Get an average of 30 FPS on medium settings at 800p) with only 4 gigs of RAM and a 7660D, which (from what I've heard) doesn't have its own VRAM so it automatically allocates it to your memory. If my RAM does turn out to be the culprit, would there possibly be a fix for this other than spending money on upgrading?

I'm not thinking it's a hardware issue so much as a Skyrim issue. Short explanation is that Skyrim's engine has issue with memory management. Even on an unmodded game there are times when it will crash due to the way that it handles memory allocation.

The solution is actually really simple. Since you're using SKSE already (assuming this because you have SkyUI installed), all you have to do is create an .ini file to turn on the Skyrim Startup Memory Editor (SSME aka Sheson's Memory Patch). It's included in SKSE and even if it's not a memory related crash, I suggest turning it on any way.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50214/? under the downloads tab for this mod/tutorial there's a file called SKSE.ini. Just download and install it like any other mod. It will add the correct ini file to turn on SSME. The default settings SHOULD be enough to alleviate any memory related crashing (you aren't using that many mods) but that's why we use the memory blocks log. If it crashes again and is still maxing memory we can tweak some more settings.

Of course, there's always the possibility that it's something else entirely. Either way, turning on SSME won't hurt and should help stability.