maybemeandyou

Hellow everyone. I am an avid FNV player and like most we enjoy the addons quite a bit. I always found owb to be my favorite. I was wondering, while it may be a long and tedious venture if this idea would be a fun thing to try.

Idea is to redo big mountain before it got all trashed or maybe make it to look like it would in the future (after couriers time). Like some places are rebuilt and dirty areas are cleaned up using prewar textures. broken towers and rusty parts are replaced with newer things. rubble, skeletons and hostiles are either rare or removed. the train cars are all back on track. Rebuild the bontanical garden/y17 medial center. idk stuff like this...

id try it out for myself but im not quite skilled enough for this type of thing. (i actually dont know how to mod anything at all) ;(

^on that note does anyone have a source for tutorials instead of youtube? my internet is almost too slow to load videos.

even if it doesnt happen doesnt it sound interesting? like a tranquility lane type of experience.

thanks.

I always found owb to be my favorite.

It definitely has a zany character all it's own, a great DLC.

Idea is to redo big mountain before it got all trashed or maybe make it to look like it would in the future (after couriers time).

It's an interesting idea, and if anywhere has a time machine (counterpart to the Big Mountain Transportalponder! that bends time instead of space) it's probably BigMT.

There is a mod (I can't recall the name at the moment) that replaces the think tanks with their human counterparts before the war, but I don't think it alters much, if any of the environment.

I'm also working on a expansion to OWB here. It has a lot of assets done, here is a pic of some examples;

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1997/z38d.jpg

One aspect of it involves a REM server. Essentially all vertebrates dream, and I suspect the think tanks do too while they are recharging. The idea is that they share a server (all of them plugged in) where they dream and the courier can enter this VR environment and interact with the think tanks in their dreams. In it will be memories of their pre-war past at bigMT, as well as many other facets of their thoughts, past, present and future.

Anyway if you don't get anyone to take up your request and you want to help out on my thread (you don't have to be able to mod, creative ideas would be very welcome), that'd be great, since I need to start working on it again. Maybe we can incorporate you time travel story line into it as well, if it's not to large an undertaking.