I'm thinking of building/buying a PC and I could use advice

I've never built a pc and while my knowldge of pc's is growing its probably moderate at best. What I'm thinking of doing is building a PC for around 750 US dollars, 800 tops. The pc would have to be built from the ground up. I don't have a moniter, OS, keyboard, in essence the only thing I have is a mouse(which is nice). I'm looking for it to play fallout NV, skyrim, fallout 4 when (if) it comes out, and rome total war 2. So could anyone give me some advice on what I would be looking for and where to look. What type of hardware would I need to play these games? I'm not looking to play rome 2 on maxed out graphics but if I could atleast get it to put all settings on high and run nicely I'd be happy.

I finished building my first computer a few months ago and this web site helped a bunch. It has very active forum boards and current information. Here is a cut-n-paste from pcpartpicker on what they are about:

"PCPartPicker provides computer part selection, compatibility, and pricing guidance for do-it-yourself computer builders. Assemble your virtual part lists with PCPartPicker and we'll provide compatibility guidance with up-to-date pricing from dozens of the most popular online retailers. We make it easy to share your part list with others, and our community forums provide a great place to discuss ideas and solicit feedback." (http://pcpartpicker.com/about/)

http://pcpartpicker.com/

Even though I didn't post my build choice on the boards, with the help of their information, I got good prices on the parts and my computer runs terrific.

Have fun with your new computer!

• 2 weeks later...

800 isn't near enough if you want to play these games at 1080p @ 60 fps. For a "solid" PC build, you're going to have to spend at least $1500. Here's some of the parts broken down for you:

Monitor: $150 for a good 1 ms HD one. These vary heavily in price that number is just being thrown out there as a guideline.

Keyboard: Gaming: $50, normal $15.

CPU: $250

GPU: $400

RAM: $120

PSU: $200

HDD/SSD: $150

Case: $70

Don't think I missed anything... but those are prices you'd expect to run those older games at 60 fps @ ultra, and the newer ones at medium @ 60 fps. Don't forget, that's if you built it yourself... There's fees associated with someone assembling it for you.