Heavy Traffic ×

Jade Helm 15

Tidus44

Got an e-mail from a friend in California this morning asking about security exercises here in Canada and what I thought of a news article he pointed me to regarding what may be a military/police exercise being conducted in the USA sometime this year.

Unfortunately, my searches via the internet didn't reveal very much useful information. I will admit the idea does sound a bit strange, not in some conspiracy way, but that if this exercise is being conducted as it appears to be (in uncontrolled civilian environments) it sounds exceedingly dangerous to me.

Having been military for 15 years and involved in many exercises including joint police/security/military ones, none were ever outside of a controlled area and certainly never in areas where the civilian population was not well informed about what was going on.

While I realize this will pull every conspiracy nutbar out of the woodwork to show their "proof" of what Jade Helm is all about, I am only seeking information if anyone has heard of this exercise and if they have a website or information that is actual facts and some realistic thoughts if this does turn out to be true.

Here is the website I was directed to;

http://sofrep.com/40783/jade-helm-shouldnt-make/

Don't know anything about this, but would be wary of any "insider" group which has a Reddit and Youtube. While there is the addage "if it's true it isn't on the internet.", there is also that part about revealing sensitive information through any source which might be tracked to you. This is probably either a hoax or a misstatement of facts.

As for doing any sort of military action, mock or otherwise, around civilians... Yeah, I would agree, it is very dangerous, is open to countless problems, and would give any number of "anti-military" people good cause to throw a fit. Meanwhile it would present almost no benefit. So, this is either a very bad idea of some military leader which is going to be leaving everyone with their face in their palms, or a hoax.

Honestly, I thought someone was playing a belated "April Fool" joke on me about this.

I still have found nothing but conspiracy garbage about it so I'm starting to think this is a prank designed to get all the nutbars riled up. Someone did a good job of setting it up though.

• 1 month later...

The military does training all the time. When my dad was stationed at Fort Bragg when I was a kid, People on and of base ocassionaly had an univited guest in the form of some paratroopers who got blown of course. Kinda werid the first time you see it but, its part of life out there.

Last big exercise that I'm aware of that is even comparable to Jade Helm 15 is the Lousiana Manuvers during early 1940s spanning most of Loiusana, and that casued a lot of plannig ahead of time with the locals.

Do to recent talk of seccession from Texas (which seems to happen fairly frequently, especially around the Civil War anniversary), and then a map that labebled Utah and Texas hostile for the exercise times a distrust of Obama's administration by roughly half of the US population equals people scared, nutters ploting, average people wonderign and survialists heading for their bunkers and cabins in the woods.

• 2 months later...

"The American Empire Pax Americana has come to an end and now the Thirteen Reptilian Illuminati Luciferian Families want to reduce the American and Canadian populations to a more manageable size and also want America to become a Fascist Police State under dictatorial rule."

Luckily I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. Anyway this must be a hoax. After reading a few articles written by insane people I have come to the conclusion that what is being presented as a 'master plan' simply will not work. The plot to control California, Utah, Texas, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico in one operation cannot be done. The U.S. military cannot control Afganistan and never had a firm grasp on Iraq. They failed at that but will succeed with Jade Helmet. Sure, why not?

With today's technology normal people able to access almost anything. There is no reason to think a military operation the size of which hasn't been seen since World War 2 will go unnoticed. It will be a surpise attack and no one will see it coming. Ohhhkay. :dry:

In the event it is true, Jade Helmet must conquer Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah. I have never been to Utah but I know it is full of fiercely independent Mormons. I have been on vacation in Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. The people in those States own guns and they like to use them. There are easier States to invade than ones where the people will shoot back.

I come from a country where wars are common. If one group invades a country the people who there will fight back. They are defending their familes and their homes. They will kill people who try to take those things from them.

Jade Helmet is not true, IMO.

Edited by WursWaldo

What amuses me most is the intended 'supposed' target areas..the southwest..... where more people are armed, weapon proficient and would enthusiastically be open to the idea of shooting at a bunch of 'yankee's'. :teehee:

Here's your tinfoil hat. http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww77/Tuarisbucket/Smileys/tinfoil.gif

The US military has been running these kind of exercises for many many years, we used to call them 'maneuvers' As I remember, they started doing this during WWII to train the troops. And since then nearly every summer use the exercises to train the National Guard and reserves who get 2 weeks of training yearly. I participated in several during my time in the Marine Corps. At the time ( late 1960s, early 1970s - during the Vietnam era) we were training for a war in Europe, so the terrain used for the exercises was as similar as they could get - green forested, paved roads, farms, small towns. Now, after nearly 20 years of war in the middle east, it finally occurred to the idiots at the top that was not the kind of terrain our troops were fighting in any more - so they have moved this year's maneuvers to a dryer browner more appropriate location.

The local 'enemy' they will see are NOT!!! the actual local residents, but real soldiers and people hired to play both the part of local hostiles and local friendlies. The troops will of course have some interaction with the real locals, but as soon as they recognize they are not a part of the war games , they will leave them alone. This is the way it has always worked.

I lived off base, and sometimes the reservists who were operating in the area got confused. I was captured at a road block and held prisoner for several hours while going home after getting off work. I was wearing my uniform at the time. Any civilian ( no uniform) was automatically passed through the road block without even being questioned. By the time an officer showed up to let us go they had captured eleven of the people like me, wearing a uniform, that lived on that road. We all had a big laugh, and later the wives cooked the guys on the road block that caught us dinner ( they were living on C rations). Later that week, the road block, just 200 yards from my home was attacked in the middle of the night. The firefight ( firing blanks) passed through my yard waking us up. I found a dozen shell cases in the yard the next morning. Later that day one of the referees stopped by and apologized, the troops were not supposed to have gone through my yard, but through a tobacco field nearby where they had the owner's permission ( they paid him for any damages)