Looting corpses

MagdalenaDwojniak

There is no connection between the timer controlling the presence of corpses, and the gathering (or not) of any loot. After the bodies fade away the loot remains in a pile and can be collected.

If it really bothers you, I think I remember seeing a mod that disables the "disappearing bodies" action, so the dead simply remain where they fall... <using best Sigrun voice> Forever! :laugh:

Hmm... It is apparently different from what I am experiencing. In my game, only a handful of corpses are lootable after they "decay", while most disappear. Often after I click to loot them. It is quite uncomfortable. In Redcliffe, some militiamen were slain before we could get to them. Most turned into piles of bones, but the rest disappeared and I could not loot them. Edited by MagdalenaDwojniak

Most corpses don't have any loot and if they disappeared, there was no loot to be had.

The only exception is Redcliffe Village, Night Battle, you are supposed to be trying to SAVE the militia men so looting their bodies isn't supposed to be a priority. When they die, all of their equipment becomes available as loot. BUT and this is a huge BUT, you have to loot them before the battle is over. Once the battle is over, you leave the 'night area' and their bodies are gone.

If bodies are disappearing without allowing you to loot them anywhere else, they didn't have anything to loot. (as Thandal said)

Hmm... It is apparently different from what I am experiencing. In my game, only a handful of corpses are lootable after they "decay", while most disappear. Often after I click to loot them. It is quite uncomfortable. In Redcliffe, some militiamen were slain before we could get to them. Most turned into piles of bones, but the rest disappeared and I could not loot them.

Only a handful of corpses SHOULD be lootable after they decay and most SHOULD disappear because they never had anything to loot to begin with.

I addressed the slain militiamen from the Redcliffe Night battle previously

I have no idea why they highlight and I don't have a 'looting icon' so I'm guessing that you have one or more mods installed or you are trying to loot bodies that never had any loot to begin with.

Hmm... Weird. I mean, the problem has been from the very beginning of the game. I installed mods after encountering the problem.

Well, I can summon most of the items if I am really pressed, so it is mainly a nuisance. The looting icon is when you press whichever button you assigned to highlight usable objects. A body highlights, I get an option to loot, my PC moves near it, then it either lets me loot it or turns unusable. End of the story ;). I appreciate you stopping by to mention not all corpses carry loot. It makes sense, but I can tell which don't by using the button to highlight every object I can interact with.

I'm on the road at the moment, but had just started an (almost) completely mod-free DAO play through before heading to San Francisco. (Wanted to play Dwarf Commoner again.)

So I'll check the default corpse highlighting (or not) on my rig when I get back on Saturday.