Trying to create a dynamic enchantment + another question regarding actor values

BurgerB

I'm working on a uniquely voiced follower meant for high level players, but I need help with a scripting aspect of it. My follower starts out with a custom set of armor, it's hide armor and an adept hood because it fits well with the design of my character. i'm trying to make it so that the armor levels with the player so it eventually scales to daedric armor by level 50, and then goes beyond that. I already have the formula written down for each item

Hood Armor = PCLevel * 0.4

Body Armor = PCLevel * 0.9

Bracer Armor = PCLevel * 0.3

Boot Armor = PCLevel * 0.3

I have some experience with other programming languages but the documentation is difficult to follow. I could just simply add 4 perks for the 4 items but that seems like too much clutter. I'm practically asking how to change the magnitude of the enchantment using an actor value, which brings me to another question.

Instead of a bunch of perks, my follower uses one big perk for Damage Dealt and Armor rating. For the perk entry point it uses Value = Value + Fame * 0.1. My follower runs a script where if he enters a new cell, it updates his fame value to equal his level. I'm wondering if this is a good idea because other mods might use the fame value NPCs have for something important.