Heavy Traffic ×

Transcriptions of dialogue from DAO (or which files to open)

MagdalenaDwojniak

Hello,

I'm curious if there are any transcriptions of DAO dialogue (especially from cutscenes) available for view anywhere. I came up with an idea of a surprise present for an avid DAO fan - a satirical story of sorts - and I'm looking for reference material. The wiki only lists dialogue of companions - or your responses. Never in tune with each other.

Alternatively, I'd appreciate somebody telling me which files can be opened (and how - would the toolset be necessary or are there any files which can be opened with a simple text editior?) to take a peek at the speeches. I tried finding them on YouTube, but the average quality of videos is shaky at best. Besides, only chosen options are available. Thank you so much for any hints :)!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If you download the dragon age toolset and install it you can look at the dialog files for the single player campaign. - you would change the module form Demo Module to Single Player Campaign. Then you would select the conversation file per character.

It's really cool actually since you can see all your options, as well as stuff that was cut, and sometimes some internal voice over directions and explanations of words or phrases.

the dragon age toolset wiki should have all the information needed to find the dialogs you want, including those for cutscenes. http://social.bioware.com/wiki/datoolset

There are a few other tools that allow for reading individual lines of dialog, but there aren't any, besides the toolset, that allow you to read an entire conversastion and all it's branchs.

hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Rosvita,

so far, I've been using a crude getaround (either replaying conversations and taking screenshots indicating options chosen or by listening to YouTube walkthroughs - there are lots of videos). I believe it could be accessed through the toolset somehow, but I know nothing about the editor bar for its existence ;).