Quick updates to the site, money money money edition

Dark0ne

What's REALLY worrying me is say things like "ENB's". We all know them. A lot of us love them. So let's say they start selling "ENB" presets on Steam. These are just 'presets' but ALL of them, as far as I know, require "Boris's" files to work. He has already said "No selling his stuff" (from what I'm gathering from other sources). So I think, as I said, the real stink is going to happen soon.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24594569. #24594769, #24594924, #24594949, #24594964, #24595114 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote:
Reaper0021 wrote: Thanks Robin for staying on top of things. It means a lot. We're just all a bit miffed and scared about the whole "Valve/Bethesda Mod Selling" venture. I don't think it's still sunk in for me yet. I'm still scared about what the "SKSE" guys/gals are going to say about this whole thing as they have yet to weigh in and SKSE is vital to some of these mods working. I think the REAL stink is about to happen sir.
Brasscatcher wrote: I said it aloud last night, when you first broke this bit of news, I'll say it to you now, directly: You poor bastard.

Thank you for your hard work, even if it must be a frustrating bit of groundskeeping you never should have needed to do.
jnfab45 wrote: my first donation goes to the nexus, for the good work - i'am a lifetime member now.

next, i will select my most beloved mods and give the authors some money.

this is how i vote against the steam paid mods robbery.
Brasscatcher wrote: @reaper: They have weighed in, on the bethesda forums. SKSE will always be freee, even for modders who plan to charge for their mods.
Dark0ne wrote:
I'm still scared about what the "SKSE" guys/gals are going to say about this whole thing as they have yet to weigh in

They weighed in earlier today on the official forums in one of the many threads about paid modding there. They have said all mods are fair game, paid or otherwise, and basically nothing is going to change on their end.

They did, however, mention they're working with Valve to get SKSE in to Steam Workshop somehow, but not to charge for it.

Thanks Robin. Appreciate the information Sir.
And to you Brass. Don't want you left out man. Ty. Kudos your way. Edited by Reaper0021

This is a really good gesture and reaffirms my support in the Nexus team. You guys run a tight ship here, and sometimes I've run afoul of the more stringent regulations, but you guys obviously have you heart in the right place.

In response to post #24595124.

Reaper0021 wrote:

That's part of what's dragged me into this conversation. I'm really not that chatty online. I'm kind of an e-hermit, for the most part, lol.

There are so many ways this system could be exploited if it worked *well*. Considering how they've chosen to implement pay2mod, it can only end badly.

The problem with donating now is that a week later the modder could be selling their latest version of the mod on steam. If i have just donated £5 for someones 1.0 build, im going to be a bit miffed about spending another £5 on steam for version 1.1. The trust at the moment is very thin.

Shame on you valve/beth.

In response to post #24595124. #24595439 is also a reply to the same post.

Reaper0021 wrote:
Brasscatcher wrote: That's part of what's dragged me into this conversation. I'm really not that chatty online. I'm kind of an e-hermit, for the most part, lol.

There are so many ways this system could be exploited if it worked *well*. Considering how they've chosen to implement pay2mod, it can only end badly.

Yeah I don't get involved in forums talk much. I come here and use Dark0ne's site(s) for all the great mods. I just look at this....and get worried about the direction things are going. I'm truly scared. There have already been mods posted on STEAM this morning that have been stolen and taken down. This isn't going to bode well I think.