Seemingly eternal and invincible stutter

JerichoRedman

Alright, this is my last resource. I'm posting this as my last resource before I decide that I'm done for good.

I'm sure many of you have encountered someone that starts a thread in this forum saying "My game stutters and then the stutter is gone for like 5 seconds then it's back again then it goes away ad infinitum" and someone replies "Download this: http://http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/8886/? (FSR: Fallout Stutter Remover)" and OP replies back saying "Omg thanks so much now the stutter is gone forever!". Good for him.

Problem is, I already downloaded FSR (and carefully read the installation procedure), and yes indeed the stutter was gone... For maybe half a minute. Tops. So I decided to stay frosty and keep searching for other mods that "increase" performance (you can see them in this list: http://http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1035245-performance-mods-list/) and, you guessed it, all of them worked for little less than a minute. I considered a mod (more of a tweaking, really) that allocates more RAM for Fallout 3 to use, but I'm not willing to be messing around with boot.ini.

Is it that I'm missing something? Or maybe I have to uninstall/re-install the game because I've effed up my data folder and my fallout.ini? All the mods I've downloaded are performance-friendly and claim not to impact FPS (because I'm poor. And I only have a laptop with Core i3, 4GB of RAM and an Intel HD 3000 graphics card) but this is getting out of hands; no matter how many times I tweak my Fallout.ini file (as some tweaking guides on the internet tell me to), no matter how many performance-boosting mods I download and install, the Stuttering Loop (as I've dubbed it) simply won't go away.

Be kind (pretty please?) and leave any suggestions.

Also, sorry for TL;DR

your links take me to "oversee.net" ?

But your PC lacks the ability for any real gaming of fallout3. How ever, there is an intel chip set *.dll that may help.

try this : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/17209/?

also there are places on the internet that list actual basic machine requirements for this game to even run half way decently.

Google search "AMD" graphics.

----------------

EDIT: Sunday, April 26 2015

after reading the mess of mods you said you installed "tried every thing" that amount of miss programing will kill any game.

Understand ,each authors results are just that, each to it's own rights....NOT combined !

that's crazy. most of those "fix's" delete data in the game, data that needs to be there in order for the game engine to process.

From the description on each and every one of those and the data seen contained within each and every mod there on that list..I'd think most of the game data has been told not to run, large huge gaps of data, open gaps, skipping things and then slamming things in all at once.

Just so you know, I did indeed download every last one ,the uOff3p was corrupted, but anyways, most of that data is already bellow, Ihave the textures and mesh files already just removed the plugin...why? well now take a look as to why.

http://s26.postimg.org/5chllgk21/Odd_Ball_mods.jpg

just a view of things and a way to see what sort of possible out come might come from the mix.

I would Need a saved game from you to extract the exact data you ran. but..it's just a stretch here to see what happens.

I know it will be junk... I expect nothing less.

your solution is to find out how well the game runs on it's own with out killing it first.

Basic install ,run the game up to the last quest of PP "project purity" hard saving in intervals of 5 minutes each.

run the game on that lap top @ 1024 x 768 graphics which will render clean pictures and graphics and still be minimum enough to get a fast and clean running game.

The only DLC that will kill that lap top is Broken steel...and at a far chance point lookout. Due to the heavy graphics requirements it requires.

you sett your ini file for the tweaks known for that processor and that only, touch nothing else.

Do not install any mods....run the game first.

kitty

Edited by Purr4me

Downloaded what you told me to. Messed up pretty much everything: Armor textures are gone, iron sights stopped working, even the Pip-Boy is gone.

Uninstalling/re-installing and starting a new game. See if that works out.

the point was to read things there from the people that make the graphics cards, not download things.

Information rules the world. I'll get the screen shot of the site listing the limits the game sets up.

what exactly "did you download?" any way...

And I only have a laptop with Core i3, 4GB of RAM and an Intel HD 3000 graphics card)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/17209/?

use this bypass pack to set up your fallout 3 game files to play on an intel graphics card.

follow the readme in the package to alter your game to get rid of all of those compatibility errors by adding a few files to your fallout directory.

This workaround IS TESTED and i actually use this every time i play fallout. if it isn't working for you, feel free to comment and i will try to deduce the problem. I have released a detailed video tutorial to follow.

--

It's been almost two years since I posted this, and I can't say I'm surprised that it exploded as much as it did. I originally compiled this for my own use, as a one-stop-shop fix to the Intel Graphics issue, and only later passed it on to you all. Regardless of my intention, I'm glad I could help so many of you, nearly 40,000 total downloads, with the only complaints being from those who had made a mistake in the process. In conclusion, Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all-time, and I'm glad that now you all get to enjoy it with me.

1. Alright, this is my last resource. I'm posting this as my last resource before I decide that I'm done for good.
  2. Problem is, I already downloaded FSR (and carefully read the installation procedure) Which say's you do read things.
  3. Is it that I'm missing something? <----- what we are trying to determine here ?
  4. no matter how many times I tweak my Fallout.ini file (as some tweaking guides on the internet tell me to), no matter how many performance-boosting mods I download and install, the Stuttering Loop (as I've dubbed it) simply won't go away. <---- That say's you have tried every thing, but have not..just went about things in the wrong order.

Some get lucky, ok, your not the only one that has gone through this.

If the game is steam, then you do have options available for that small machine.

Now that i know it's a smaller lap top...you might be suffering from overloads, that machine just can't handle this game.

tricks, hardware tricks you can attempt is a cooler unit to sit the lap top on to keep it a lot cooler.

If the processor overheats, or the drive, it's gonna stutter really bad..like a slide show..which I believe your experiencing now.

AMD site has tools that can scan the PC / Note book and inform you what if any thing is needed or if that unit is capable of even running this game.

AMD is not the only site. your PC's own web site has graphics tools for gaming too, tools that will test it's ability to run some games ,or test its' limits.

I own a few intel machines, none of which I use any more because they have problems with some real hard core graphics in some games. They simply over heat.

so get the game installed correctly, Vanilla and we go from there.

stick to a plan and don't deviate from that plan. NO mod's just that main game ,get some time in and we can determine what's going on.

kitty

search led to this page.

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=581&graphics=Intel%20HD%20Graphics%203000%20Mobile

currently because I do not own that piece of equipment I can not really rely on any results I might get.

you you can. So, I provided the link to the place you need to confirm with.

so far, it say's yes, you should be able to run the game, but yet again, I have insufficient information about the unit.

Sorry, kinda forgot about this post. Got sucked into a black hole or something :sweat:.

Alright, did a clean install. Played for a while without any mods and noticed that the stutter occurs mainly while travelling across the wasteland. It seems like my computer has a hard time rendering such a long view distance (that can't be reduced with in-game video settings). In the ruins of DC and in basically every interior (shacks, houses, cities, subway stations, etc.; you get the idea), there's little to no impact on my performance whatsoever. After reading all of your replies (holly molly! I felt kind of attacked with the way you quoted me so many times! :ohdear:) and most importantly seeing the pic you uploaded, I got rid of many of those performance mods and stayed only with FSR and reduced view distance, and now FPS certainly fell a lot smoother! :happy: The stutter is still there, but to a minor degree than before. Seems like I was really effing up everything when I combined all those performance mods that indeed delete a bunch of stuff from the game. Also reduced my mod quota, got rid of a bunch of mods I wasn't really putting into much use, and that helped too. All in all, thanks for checking out how incompatible all those mods were with each other (I don't even know how to do that myself), I'm pretty much new to this modding thing and I tend to screw up a lot. I just needed to clean up that mess; thanks! Now I'll be more careful when modding to avoid compatibility issues. :laugh:​

My post was meant to show you ,that you had my undivided attention about and concerning your issues with the game.

Not many will go to extreme lengths to help others.

My posting habits are just a mash, something done in order to get a point across.

when I post , I am focused on a problem, "never a person" unless your a tron ? like in the movie "Tron"..LOL

The shot I have shown shows what I did do, I then merged just for the sake of aligning all the data into a single packet.

let me say this another way..ok, so you have say 25 plugin's...at game runtime, these all join up in game in this order as a unit, from this point, they are all as (1), get it?

so, the tools available and with some skill, I arranged all that code to be lay'd out as if it were separated..but in 1 plugin.

ran the test's. big mistake.

then I took that thing I made, loaded it up into the GECK and simply saved it.

ran the test again...this time some things worked but had too many things duplicating.

opened up the plugin to find the duplicates and found none.

studied the data...the realized the duplication was just that assembly and the main files them selves loading up, that's where the duplication came from.

On my cheap acer laptop, this thing killed the game, on my big rig, all sorts of strange events took place.

some of the mod's come with extra data ,textures and mesh files, some have xml files too ,all of these count as well.

some of that are not compatable if loaded in a sequence set up by what i have done OR by what you have done ,in either case, Icoverd all your bases for you in a short time to find the answers you needed.

there is no time to do things from any other stand point, that would be a waste of my time and not fun at all.

My, I my self only want you to Enjoy your game...to have fun..and be able to entertain your self with what you bought. The more Bang for that buck I can drag out hidden from a mess, the better the results will be.

I see no other reason to post other wise.

your Profit is my gain...understand now ?

I profit ZERO if your mad At me, I make you upset. I will make you think, and I can only do things to pry out information I need to fix the problem.

I have to tell you this...it's like walking on egg shells and not breaking any.

My post FU sucks, but I get results.

kitty Black.