Need Help Triggering a mod-added Greeting in a Quest NPC

shadowslasher410

So, I am creating a mod that adds a greeting to Angela Williams as part of an alternate ending to the quest The White Wash. Trouble is, I can't get my specific greeting to play. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of... Currently, I am creating a new dialogue package for that specific greeting and editing the trigger and trigger script from the quest There Stands The Grass to have Angela forcegreet the Player with the greeting I added once the Player triggers the trigger.

But she won't forcegreet the player, and when I talk to her, she just gives the same response that she would even if I had not added the greeting.

In another effort to try and make the dialogue trigger, I also added a condition to my greeting where the quest variable KeelyState (the variable that tracks how you handled Keely in the There Stands The Grass quest) of vfreeformvault22 (the quest that handles Angela's dialogue) is greater than or equal to 0 (which, in theory would be every state of the variable, right?).

Suffice it to say, it didn't work. Can anyone help me? I'm being driven insane trying to get this thing to work correctly...

Have you raised the priority of your greeting? Even if your conditions are being met, there may be vanilla greetings that also meet their conditions and are overwriting it.

Using the AddScriptPackage command should force the package to run, no matter what.

Last thing, you may be testing incorrectly, loading a save after the trigger would be met or the dialog added. Try it from a completely clean save. Had that issue myself recently.

As for Keely's variable, I'm not entirely sure. It may not be anything if that quest isn't start game enabled.