What do you all think? We getting another broken featured, incomplete

JacobLumet

What do you all think? We getting another broken featured, incomplete and annoyingly buggy construction set? Or are we getting MORE features, script capability and even more theft of ideas and originality from our dear community members that Bethesda seems to love to steal and then give absolutely no thanks to their fanbase for coming up with it at all?

That kind of talk.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

What do you all think? We getting another broken featured, incomplete and annoyingly buggy construction set? Or are we getting MORE features, script capability and even more theft of ideas and originality from our dear community members that Bethesda seems to love to steal and then give absolutely no thanks to their fanbase for coming up with it at all?

That kind of talk.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

aye, and again it will require over 9000 tutorials to figure out (or at least it will if you're me) and the Devs will insist they have no plans to make one until the fans have kvetched and screamed long enough and/or it suits them to finally release it.

The thanks to the community is in the form of a release of another game. You must like the TES games somewhat, as I am guessing you've played them a fair amount. I have my fair share of gripes with Oblivion (coz let's be honest, no one really gripes about Morrowind), but I don't think Bethesda is that terrible.

The bottom line is: Morrowind is still Beth's magnum opus when it comes to their ES line. Skyrim needs to change that. If it's not visionary and if it doesn't push the envelope like Morrowind did, then honestly there's no point in them releasing it. If they can't beat a game they themselves made 8 years ago, I and probably the rest of the community will be severely disappointed.

i had some troubles with the FO3 geck

and the oblivion CS worked when i did run as admin

same with morrowind CS

bethesda knows that modding is a huge part of their ability to sell games!

if it canno tbe modded, they are gonna lose quite a bit of buisiness!

Never had a problem with the OB CS and I only had a few issues with the FO3 GECK after it was patched for Broken Steel. The NV GECK is a joke and why I'm not modding that game outside of mesh/texture ports from FO3.

I understand a new game engine will be used for Skyrim and I hope BethSoft makes a modder-friendly tool kit for the game.

Well, if they know what's good for them they'll definitely beef up the CS (more intuitive design, more scripting capabilities, etc.). I mean, Oblivion is a great game, but what's kept it so popular for so long is everything the community's done with it. If people are willing to put that much effort into making the game so much fuller for free, then the CS's capabilities is really the most limiting factor for the game.

wow, you guys are really pessimistic! :no:

We have done great things with the Construction Set, so we shouldn't complain...

Well, yes, it may come off as pessimism, and we have done great things with it, but I think what they mean is that (a). it's nice to at least get a nod from Bethesda acknowledging that we put great amounts of work into it without getting paid, keeping your game alive in the process and (b). imagine what we could do if the CS had half as many bugs.