scottstein001

I just reinstalled Skyrim after a period of time away, and wanted to start modding from scratch. I loaded up the game and used the console command to start at Riverwood, as my game glitches at the wagon intro (if anyone has any useful suggestions on that issues, I would be grateful :laugh: ).

When I get into character creation menu, I get a bluish-grey shadow on the original presets face. It goes away if I switch sex and then back. I am using an Asus k53ta laptop, and I have been able to play most of the game, save the intro using it, so I am not sure if it is a spec issues.

Either way, I have 4 GB ram, AMD A6-3400M APU, with Radeon HD Graphics, 1.40 GHz. Windows 7, 64-bit OS.

This is what it looks like.

Do you have left over loose files in your data folder from mods? How does the game glitch during the wagon intro specifically? What mods do you have installed if any? That blue-ish tint thing may be from left over face-tints added by other mods. It could also be a graphics issue perhaps even from .ini settings if you tinkered with those.

Edited by Drazhar753

Do you have left over loose files in your data folder from mods? How does the game glitch during the wagon intro specifically? What mods do you have installed if any? That blue-ish tint thing may be from left over face-tints added by other mods. It could also be a graphics issue perhaps even from .ini settings if you tinkered with those.

So I deleted everything from My Documents/mygames/Skyrim including the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and the flickering is no longer present! Now onto troubleshooting that intro scene. Thanks Drazhar, I honestly was so used to having to switch my sex everytime I load to get around the flicker, it feels weird not too :laugh: