texture mod install on mac

slnich2

Hey guys, can any of you help me figure out how to install the texture mods onto a Mac? I have Beta15 installed right now and wanted to add some of the great mods that you guys have created. But all of the instructions I've found are for Windows and I have no clue what to do.

First, you will need to find out if there exists a port of TexMod to your Mac platform. TexMod as originally created "allows to extract textures from DirectX 9 applications, and to pack eventually changed textures into TPF files (TexMod Package File) to load those back to the application replacing the original textures." That means it's written for the PC platform, even though it's written in C++. So, you also need to ask if your platform supports DirectX 9+ and your game uses that graphics interface? If your game is running under WINE on OSX, then WINE has DX9 support built-in. But that does not mean it will work with TexMod and I found a couple of queries indicating it doesn't or at least is not straightforward.

A quick Google search reveals others asking similar questions without anything hopeful in reply.

-Dubious-