Finding functions that aren't called?

MPQC

How do you find a function that isn't called? In my case, I want to be able to call a function which isn't called elsewhere, but only from the key binds (an exec function). Normally I can just find it elsewhere in the code nd use that as a referance, but that doesn't seem to be possible in this case. (Quick edit: this is not for XCOM).

Edited by MPQC

Have you seen the "Unreal Engine 3 Console Commands" article? (Originally linked in the XCOM "Keybind Commands" wiki article.) Which is not to say all listed exec commands are available in all UE3 games, but if one isn't listed there then it would most probably be a vendor specific implementation. If the vendor doesn't list it, they are typically found only by stumbling upon them looking for something else.

Otherwise you will have to hope one of the code divers like wghost81 or Amineri has a tip. In which case a PM in a couple of days might be more effective.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Ah, I think what I wanted was misunderstood - I'll try to explain again.

Basically, I can see that there are many functions that are defined in the code, but are never called elsewhere (exec functions are the perfect example of this, which is why I used them as an example). Generally, if I want to find out how to call a function, I can simply look elsewhere in the code and use that. But since these functions are never called elsewhere, I can't use this method. So is there a different way of finding them so I can call them?

In UE Explorer, go to the function and open buffer view. The last eight bytes, what Explorer calls the "FriendlyName" on Mouseover, is the hex reference for calling that function.

eg

XGAction_Fire.AddVictim, friendlyname is d2 02 00 00 00 00 00 00, so a call to that (within the scope) is 1b d2 02 00 00 00 00 00 00