How to play DAI on a low-end laptop?

My laptop specs are i3, 4gb of ram, Intel HD 4000 graphics and Windows 8. I have installed the game fine from the Bioware server thingy and can see the intro cut scene, menus, text, and voices. However, I cannot see the actual cut scenes themselves nor can I interact with characters let alone see them. This is driving me up the wall since I really want to play the darn game. I have a legit legal copy of it and have tried all the patches and injectors in the world but so far - nothing! Does anyone here know of a way to make this game work on a low end laptop without a quad core processor?

Many thanks in advance!! :)

I'd suggest looking at the Bioware official boards... there is a good deal more activity there than here, and there may be a thread there the addresses situations like yours.

Anecdotally, I'll offer that even if the game will run on your lappy, it will likely NOT run well... my desktop PC exceeds the requirements (AMD FX-6300 6 cores, 3.5 GHz, 16 GB ram) in all areas save the GPU (Radeon R7 240), and DA:I is barely playable. (And really ugly, without all the pretty graphics. /sad)

Best of luck!

Edited by theskymoves

Do you think it would have been better to get it for the 360 which I have? Problem is I can't really exchange it since it was a Christmas present. And I don't want to offend my sibling who paid an arm and a leg for it! *sighs*

Do you think it would have been better to get it for the 360 which I have? Problem is I can't really exchange it since it was a Christmas present. And I don't want to offend my sibling who paid an arm and a leg for it! *sighs*

If you don't have a good gaming build, I'd highly recommend getting it on console instead. My old desktop computer could barely run the game on low settings, and often crashed. Even with my new rig (intel core i7-4790k CPU, 8 GB RAM, GTX 970 graphics card), I have to watch how hot the PC gets when playing.

You won't be able to enjoy the game to its fullest capabilities with your current computer, and you may even overheat it if you continue playing for extended periods. I'm not claiming to be an expert on the subject (there is likely a way to get it running properly on your laptop, but you'll probably be taking a severe performance/graphics hit), but in my own experience it seems like your best options are to either get it for the 360 or invest in a new gaming build/parts. Google the "can i run it" website and see what it says about your PC if you go with the latter - it will tell you which parts of your PC can and can't handle the game.

Overall I'd suggest doing some research. First, continuing looking for a solution to the graphical errors you're experiencing. If you simply can't find anything, consider trying to exchange the PC version for some money or in-store credit somewhere and purchasing it for the 360. Good luck!