Skyrim.esm not showing up in Data Files on Steam - CTD

MitchEmms

Hiya,

I seem to be having an issue with a complete clean install of Skyrim (no mods, just update / DLC / Hi Res Texture pack 123) on Steam where the Skyrim.esm and Update.esm isn't appearing at all in the Data Files when I open the launcher, so it reads:

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HearthFires.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

The files Skyrim.esm and Update.esm are in my data files and appears on NMM, TES5edit and LOOT but I keep getting a CTD when I select new game or around 10-20 seconds into the game intro and I assume this is down to them not appearing in the launcher data files.

I've tried verifying my game cache on Steam which suggests that 1 item was not verified and will be amended but nothing has happened. This is my third clean install and I still have this same issue with no mods involved, and having scoured the internet for answers and deleted all files before reinstalling each time, I've ran out of options as of what to do.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and if so, how can I fix this?

Hiya,

I seem to be having an issue with a complete clean install of Skyrim (no mods, just update / DLC / Hi Res Texture pack 123) on Steam where the Skyrim.esm and Update.esm isn't appearing at all in the Data Files when I open the launcher, so it reads:

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HearthFires.esm

Hiya,

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HearthFires.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

The files Skyrim.esm and Update.esm are in my data files and appears on NMM, TES5edit and LOOT but I keep getting a CTD when I select new game or around 10-20 seconds into the game intro and I assume this is down to them not appearing in the launcher data files.

I've tried verifying my game cache on Steam which suggests that 1 item was not verified and will be amended but nothing has happened. This is my third clean install and I still have this same issue with no mods involved, and having scoured the internet for answers and deleted all files before reinstalling each time, I've ran out of options as of what to do.

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

With the change to the launcher, Skyrim.esm no longer shows up in the data files in the launcher. I guess reason being is you can't play the game without it so no need for it to show up there.

The acquiring one file is always there.

What happens when you uncheck all the DLCs and the High res texture packs.

You may have missed something when you uninstalled Skyrim See Here http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again

Last question what version of windows are you using

• 4 months later...