Mod requirements

kiro1545

OK so I would like to know how good will a i5-4460 3.2Ghz quad-core with 8gb ram and a R9 285 cope with a heavy modded Skyrim,Mods that add animations, followers, enemies, Npcs, weapons , magic spells,armors and quest mods.These mods are most important for me. Of course if It can run also an enb or texture packs it will be great! And here comes my question. Will it be able to do so?

I would guess and say yes but games like Fallout and Skyrim are VRAM intensive when running lots of mods like weapon and armor mods and texture packs. They are also pretty CPU intensive as well, given the large amount of scripts due to the open worldspace. A good CPU and GPU with lot of VRAM is what you want. With things like an ENB or Texture packs and weapon and armor mods, definitely a nice 3gb or 4gb GPU with a nice OC'ed CPU. If I remember correctly, Skyrim uses as much RAM as it needs and not a locked amount like Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so you may want more than 8gb when running all those quest mods(scripts and usually graphical stuff) and texture packs and weapon/armor mods(VRAM. Nothing but) for Skyrim specifically.

Im not very knowledgeable about all of the tech stuff but from what I've read it is better to get good everything. The more RAM, the more consistent and reliable, the better the CPU, the better reliability and higher frame rate9which helps with stability), the better GPU is better visual quality and higher VRAM means even more visual quality with even more room for even better visuals. It seems like no matter what genre, you pretty much need everything for everything else to run better. My advice is to not skimp. Get it now and not worry about it later. Besides, its a better rig in the end. Its pretty much a win-win except for price.

OK so I would like to know how good will a i5-4460 3.2Ghz quad-core with 8gb ram and a R9 285 cope with a heavy modded Skyrim,Mods that add animations, followers, enemies, Npcs, weapons , magic spells,armors and quest mods.These mods are most important for me. Of course if It can run also an enb or texture packs it will be great! And here comes my question. Will it be able to do so?

In short: this setup is adequate for heavily modded Skyrim.

That said, it is important to express that the game engine can limit you, the user. I run on High settings on a middle performance, 5 year old build. I have some 38 mods that have MCM menus (so lots of scripted mods) and my cpu NEVER gets above 60% usage for longer than split seconds...with an average of 30% usage.

The cap will be how you set up for the game. NPCs will be the biggest draw on resources, if you intend on populating Skyrim like Tokyo or Bangladesh, because of the stacked rendering you will do with body/armor/weapons/accessories. Then there's HD clutter to add...like 4k Veggies...

If you go without ENB, you will be stuck at a limit of 3.2GB of RAM. The game engine uses DX9. DX9 has an issue with cloning VRAM to RAM. So, some of that RAM is just holding unused VRAM intended data. Stack that on the 3.2gb (windows 32bit application/game) Limit and performance drops like a sack of lodestone.