Car mods

AbitTasty

Love to mod video games, but I've been modding out this RX-8 I got recently and have been having a blast. Funny thing is my wife and I went to just go look at it. She hated the idea of me owning a sports car. Then she drove it now she wants one. :laugh: Anyway here's what I've got done on it so far and if anyone else likes to mod cars please do share.

Rims

Underglow

Exhaust

Turbo

Sound System

Tint for windows and lights

Still gotta get a lip kit and hood. I also plan on putting a scissor kit on the doors and repainting the whole car two tone baby blue and black.

Now there is an expensive hobby. :)

Been working on cars since I was 14. (40 years) Have done everything from just basic maintenance, to total ground up restorations. Built a few fun hot rods. (72 Challenger was my fav..... big block 440 conservatively rated at 650 horseys, that one was a tire shredder.)

I was always more into the 'sleepers' though. Looks plain jane on the outside, but, under the hood..... watch out. :) My 78 Caprice was a fine example..... From the outside, looked like the family grocery getter, aside from the slightly larger tires, and 3" dual exahust..... didn't sound like a family car either..... The 454 under the hood most certainly did not belong in a family car. :) Many a Mustang was left wondering what the hell just happened, when they got their doors blown off by a Caprice.......

I'd love to have a Challenger with such a conservatively rated amount of horseys :laugh: Sleepers are definitely fun to watch at the red line strip where I race and yeah dudes come out in those caprices and just floor the crowds when they kill their competition lol :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment no she's stock, but the parts are ordered and I plan on putting them on next week along with a new exhaust. Currently the only thing I've done to her is give her a new sound system. The stock one was soooooo bad. I had to crank it up all the way just to get a decent amount of sound.

Just a hellion turbo and controller. Not much else I need under the hood. Other than that I'm going to do some vinyl work to her. She came with a great exhaust thanks to her previous owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on the controller. I'm still thinking about the exhaust too. Not sure if I want to replace it or not. Will show more pics when she's all done with the vinyl and everything. Going to put octopus tentacles on her, but make them look like racing stripes. You'll see what I mean when she's done. :laugh: