A voice "actor"

Ultravod

I'm a cranky old man (in my 40s). I've been playing video games since the 1970s (remember that "Fire Truck" dual steering wheel arcade game?) I've never owned a console. I help run a TF2 server (24/7 Doublecross). I've worked in radio since 1998. I have a fairly extensive audio setup at home. I use EV RE20 mic, Symetrix 528e preamp and an M-Audio [mumble] USB audio interface. I have a very loud, baritone voice. I have exactly zero theatre training. I've done some minor and no-so-minor voice acting in the past. I played the part of the TF2 Soldier for an SFM video that was never finished.

I'm looking to do some voice work for a mod. I don't really care for what game. I'm better at gruff, evil or authoritative characters. My range is fairly limited in that department. My time is somewhat limited, so at least at first I'm better limited to a character with a small number of lines.

You can hear my voice in this clip, as I comment on a TF2 animation bug:

Hello cranky old man! I am a crank old woman (at least by your definition!!)

Welcome and all that.

Now you might also want to check on Beth's forums and Tes Alliance (http://www.tesalliance.org/index.php/) as they have some great tutorials and teaching about voice acting and all other mod related education. Might want to go poke about there also! Good luck and Welcome to The Nexus!!

~Lisnpuppy

Hello cranky old man! I am a crank old woman (at least by your definition!!)

Welcome and all that.

Now you might also want to check on Beth's forums and Tes Alliance (http://www.tesalliance.org/index.php/) as they have some great tutorials and teaching about voice acting and all other mod related education. Might want to go poke about there also! Good luck and Welcome to The Nexus!!

~Lisnpuppy

Thanks for the info on TES. I'm signing up for it now and it's asking me about TES: Oblivion as a sign up question. This is particularly amusing as I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls series. Fortunately, after 3-4 tries, I got a question even I could answer.