FOMM Crashing on Startup

njustin

If you're still having problems with it a good deal of mods that claim to need FOMM can be installed with NMM with next to no problems. Only issue is that NMM doesn't seem to do a good job at archive invalidation. But Kendo 2 who did the Dimonized type3 body did a really good job of providing a tutorial to do it by hand on that particular mods page. I'd copy and paste it here but it's really simple to just look the mod up for yourself.

mad_matx, no problem, just glad luthienanarion had the fix.

luthienanarion, thanks for the very simply fix to the FOMM crash problem!

formalrevya, thanks for the heads up about NMM and archive invalidation. I'll probably give NMM another try, seems like a really cool app. It would be good if FOMM and NMM would play nice together!

• 3 months later...

mine won't work too even when i download fallout 3 mod manager it just says this

08 June 2012 - 22:26:50

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.Exception: Malformed InstallLog (C:\Games\FalloutNV\Install Info\InstallLog.xml) ---> System.Exception: Bad InstallLog:

can someone help with this

mine won't work too even when i download fallout 3 mod manager it just says this

08 June 2012 - 22:26:50

Fomm 0.13.21

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.Exception: Malformed InstallLog (C:\Games\FalloutNV\Install Info\InstallLog.xml) ---> System.Exception: Bad InstallLog:

can someone help with this

You have NMM installed, right? Don't use NMM and FOMM together for games like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Anyway do this and you'll be able to run FOMM again:

Go to your Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas folder and delete "Install Info" folder, now run FOMM again, it should run properly now.

• 6 months later...
hello I have a similar problem buy when I try to run fomm it says fomm has stopped working and the only thing I did was install 3 new mods but also new vegas itself doesn't work I have know idea why both applications are not working can anyone help me

I have encountered this problem before, it usually happens after adding a mod that for some reason corrupted the manager (usually the lager mods 100mb and up), browsing to you mods locations e.g. C:\Games\FalloutNV\mods\ BAD MOD and deleting the bad mod (or the one you added last or think it may be) and then it starts up okay again. You could cut all out and see if it helps, if not I was wrong.