Crash - Pulse Laser

billyobrian

Hello

When I research Pulse Laser Weapon and go to the Workshop it crashes my game..

I play on Beta 15d EW and upgrade the squad size to 12 Soldiers per mission. I don't have other mods which I istalled. Everthing work on Beta 15d except the Pulse Laser..

I can't continue playing the game.. it's so sad. I hope you can help me..

Thx 4 support.

Long War bug reports should be posted in the appropriate Beta Feedback thread in the "XCOM File Discussions" section of the forum for a quick response. (The LW Team has stated they check here much less often than there.) You may also find that the answer is already known and posted in that thread.

Be sure to read the document included with the LW download on reporting bugs. They need all the information requested there to be able to help.

The first recommended fix is always to upgrade to the latest version. Be sure to check the release notes for the effect upon a saved game.

-Dubious-

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for repling in this post. Your advice to look for this topic in the bug report forum didnt help me. I couldnt find anything regarding this bug. I experience the same as the post creator. Downloading the latest file (Long War 3 Beta 14d2-88-3-0b15d2) didnt help either.

Sorry for being dumb, but maybe someone can help us here? We cannot continue playing at all.

thanks a lot...

Hi, sorry for repling in this post. Your advice to look for this topic in the bug report forum didnt help me. I couldnt find anything regarding this bug. I experience the same as the post creator. Downloading the latest file (Long War 3 Beta 14d2-88-3-0b15d2) didnt help either.

Sorry for being dumb, but maybe someone can help us here? We cannot continue playing at all.

thanks a lot...

If you have found a new bug, then the devs are almost certainly the only ones who can fix it or provide a "work around". Be sure to include all the information they requested in the bug reporting docs or they will just have to ask you again for it. They need details in order to reproduce the bug in order to find and fix it.

If you made any changes to research requirements or the Pulse Laser stats in the DGC.INI file on your own: that would be the first thing to look at; and be sure to report what you changed. Such "user customizations" are more likely to cause a crash that hasn't been reported otherwise.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 3 weeks later...

I never modify stuff of which i have no clue. I am playing the "original" Long War. My workaround was to load an old savegame and not researching Pulse Laser at all. This worked so far, but now the game crashes again after research of Plasma Gun (for SHIV and Aircrafts) when hitting the workshop button. Where are the bug reporting docs located? I will provide whatever information i can.

thx!

The "original Long War" was for EU. That has not been supported since EW was released (though there were plans to do so once the EW version was stabilized. No idea if that will happen now that XCOM v2 is pending).

As LW has been evolving, many things have been added, including documentation. If you have an old enough version, you may be missing the bug reporting docs. They should be in the folder where you unpacked the LW archive. If they aren't there, suggest you download the current beta to another folder just for the docs.

Your best bet is to look in the "Beta Feedback" thread for your specific version of LW, which is now located in the "Forums" tab of the Nexus download page: "here". However, in general the first recommended fix is always to upgrade to the latest version. (They almost never release "hot fixes" for single bugs unless it is a game breaker.) Be sure to check the release notes for the effect upon a saved game.

-Dubious-

• 2 weeks later...

What I mean with "original LW" is indeed the latest version: "Long War EW Beta 15e-88-b15e". Original was meant to be unmodded by myself in any way. Others must have the same bug too. XCOM 2 comes in Nov. That is way to go and I´d like to continue with LW until then. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Playing in german too. I wouldnt mind at all switching to english version if that would fix or workaround the bug. But I can´t find that in options. How can i flip back to english without the need to starting over entirely?

Edit: I tried to "englishise" my game, but it seems impossible to me. I googled quite a log time and tried some stuff I read there. But there is no option ingame, not on the steam bibliothek and not by copying files and changing ini files. It remains german.

Subsequently, this means I can´t progress at this point. I have researched all and everything but Pulse Lasers and Plasma Guns. Now I need to annihilize the observer ship, but my Ravens and Firestorms are dead meat with only laser weapons.

Edited by jasonbaju