File bug reporting system and image uploading updates

Dark0ne

In response to post #25385349.

sevencardz wrote: I'm back again with more suggestions. :D

Love the ability to turn a post into a bug, but I find myself needing just the reverse of this more often. I want to keep my bug reports section nice and tidy without flat out deleting my poor user's bug reports (some of which appear to be unrelated or load order issues).

Also, maybe authors could define a minimum kudo requirement for a user to have in order to post bugs? I dunno, just throwin' ideas out to see what sticks. I'm thinking a "You need a minimum of 5 kudos to post bug reports on this mod" sort of thing.

As has been stated before, being able to mark a bug report as a 'mod incompatibility' or 'feature request' somehow would also be very handy.

I just mark those as "Not a Bug" and explain in a reply to that bug report that mod incompatibilities and feature requests are not bugs.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25385349. #25526959 is also a reply to the same post.

Love the ability to turn a post into a bug, but I find myself needing just the reverse of this more often. I want to keep my bug reports section nice and tidy without flat out deleting my poor user's bug reports (some of which appear to be unrelated or load order issues).

Also, maybe authors could define a minimum kudo requirement for a user to have in order to post bugs? I dunno, just throwin' ideas out to see what sticks. I'm thinking a "You need a minimum of 5 kudos to post bug reports on this mod" sort of thing.

As has been stated before, being able to mark a bug report as a 'mod incompatibility' or 'feature request' somehow would also be very handy.
Pevey wrote: I just mark those as "Not a Bug" and explain in a reply to that bug report that mod incompatibilities and feature requests are not bugs.

True, but we have this nice management system for bugs now, so I guess I'd like to see that expanded to handle feature requests too, without pushing my bug count up. Maybe some way for users to vote on bugs and/or feature requests to help prioritize things and give users a way to see what's in the works besides just bug fixes.

the bug reports should onle be allowed to be visible after the author checked it to see if it is really a bug, or just a mod incompatibility.

cause more often people just don't know if a problem they're having is because of the mod in question, or if it is related to mod incompatibility, or bad load order, or simply because something else is wrong in their PC.

I've seen it happen too many times that people just blame the latest mod installed when something totally different was the culprit for their problem.

Many users don't know anything about mods and how they work, or how they work together.

This results in huge nonsensical bug lists that scare new users away, and they probably wouldn't have any problem at all if they would use the mod.

But..you know, as always, nice to see new features implemented, thanks !

Edited by Guest

In response to post #25385349. #25526959, #25608879 are all replies on the same post.

Pevey wrote: I just mark those as "Not a Bug" and explain in a reply to that bug report that mod incompatibilities and feature requests are not bugs.
sevencardz wrote: True, but we have this nice management system for bugs now, so I guess I'd like to see that expanded to handle feature requests too, without pushing my bug count up. Maybe some way for users to vote on bugs and/or feature requests to help prioritize things and give users a way to see what's in the works besides just bug fixes.

In my view, feature requests are totally different from bugs and should not be part of the same system. Feature requests have no business being reported as bugs, and I would just tell users that and mark it as Not a Bug. Edited by Pevey

Just wanted to say you can tell I use this website a lot based on my activity. Please disable your ads with sound. I want to use this website without adblock to give back to you guys, but I cant stand hearing another juicy fruit commercial.

@Storander;

a) The Nexus does not control which ads are presented.

b) Become a supporter or a Premium member and you won't see any ds at all.

c) This is the topic to discuss the new "File Bug Reporting System", not one to provide general feedback.

As someone who has been uploading mods here for years, I just want to say that I am very appreciative of the new file publishing process, including the new image uploading interface. Very well done. Thank you! Edited by Khettienna

Where do I report Possible Bugs with NMM itself? This is regarding CK, Changes made in Ck result in NMM Disabling the Mod selected as the Archive. Only started after 54.1 . using 55.0 & 55.1 problem exists, reverting back to 54.1 there's no problem. Tried it on 2 different accounts and 2 separate systems. And both are Legal copies of SKYRIM. Sorry but, I don't know where to report this. I keep thinking that if it WORKS, don't fix it !!!!!!!.