fps from constant 42-45 to constant 20 RealvisionEnb

mark290039

Hey guys. I'm running skyrim on a lenovo y50-70 with 16 gb ram and a 860m .

I have a lot of mods installed (around 150) and i also use realvisionENB . I started a new game with the medium preset and i was getting a constant 42 fps chopping wood in riverwood.

I got Faendal as my follower and walked out and it started to rain. I then had a power problem at my place so the laptop wasn't charging anymore so it dropped to 20 fps since it wans't plugged. I then saved my game so i could continue later when i could charge and play again. The problem is , after that session , I'm getting low fps and its not even crossing 30 with the performance preset (i was hitting 42 fps on medium preset).

Any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: forgot to mention when i disable the enb i used to get 60 but now i get 40

Edited by mark290039

You were most likely in a low performance impact area. Interiors (dungeons, buildings), areas with little to no water/grass (on top of a mountain) etc give very little performance drop. Add to that the fact that your PC isn't really that great (860m has less than half of the performance of a gtx900series card) and you are pretty much looking at what you should expect from using an ENB with your system.