Texmod absolutly USELESS!

Anthonyf

Yep I've tried Texmod for XCOM Enemy unknown, followed the instructions and no joy!
I've down loaded some interesting mods and am unable to utilize these Mods because it appears Texmod is useless.

I'm not a gamer or a computer programmer so I'm limited as to what I can accomplish.

Is there any Mods that don't require Texmod to work?

Please can anyone help? :confused: :wallbash:

Have you visited the Nexus-Wiki already?

Cuz, there is a *lot* of proper info about TexMod that goes extensively on how & what to do for proper installation and use.

But stating "It's useless" is an overshoot comment to say the least.

Aside from that... if we have our ways (modders, that is) we'll eventually be able to supply all of these Textures straight off custom UPK archives at run-time so that whatever modding purposes (we plan for) would be (IN+)directly handled by the UnReal Engine instead of TexMod hacking of DirectX asset(s) principles.

Edited by Zyxpsilon

Big thanks for your reply Zyxpsilon as I wrote before;
I'm not a programmer or Modder so I'm limited as to what I can do.
I both have XCOM EU and XCOM EW, what I was after if it was available is a mod that transfers all headgear from EW and bring it into EU.

Sorry about my "it's useless" statement, it was out of sheer frustration.

I'll pay Nexus-Wiki a visit though.

Once again big thanks for your reply.

i made a quick and dirty guide on how to use texmod with xcom... try and see if that helps

this is a step by step guide on how to use it, but if you still need help feel free to ask again, and ill try and help you with your problem :)

Edited by Obelixdk

Does Texmod only apply to EW, I want to transfer hats n helmets from EW to EU?

Texmod applys to many games but every .tpf file you load using it is custom made by another user for whatever specific game hes playing

Texmod ONLY changes the graphics of the items already in game, it does not add anything other than that.. i am not sure if it possible to add helmets to EU without alot of hex and upk editing.. sorry

Edited by Obelixdk

yeah i know... I'm trying to figure out how to do all this upk modding, but the first step is REALLY high for someone that has no experince :)