Why are kids im/mortal in your game?

dpgillam

My 13 year old grandkid demanded to be allowed to play my heavily modded Skyrim. I helped him get through the tutorial ( he promptly forgot everything) He quickly got bored and decided to go on a typical 13 year old killing spree. :rolleyes: After taking on a guard on the first try, and coming in second place. He restarted - and this time tried to kill a helpless kid. I don't have a killable kids mod because to me they are just part of the background scenery. He was pissed. He kept hitting her, and she just ran. So he chased her - right into a group of NPCs that promptly ganged up on him. He restarted . this time he decided to pick on something more his size - a chicken. :yes: He quit playing right after that "It's not FAIR! This game is just too hard!" :laugh:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 13 year old grandkid demanded to be allowed to play my heavily modded Skyrim. I helped him get through the tutorial ( he promptly forgot everything) He quickly got bored and decided to go on a typical 13 year old killing spree. :rolleyes: After taking on a guard on the first try, and coming in second place. He restarted - and this time tried to kill a helpless kid. I don't have a killable kids mod because to me they are just part of the background scenery. He was pissed. He kept hitting her, and she just ran. So he chased her - right into a group of NPCs that promptly ganged up on him. He restarted . this time he decided to pick on something more his size - a chicken. :yes: He quit playing right after that "It's not FAIR! This game is just too hard!" :laugh:

lmao@ you letting him at your game though. :D

Why? Cuz killing children is one of the worst crimes that can be committed by most Government laws. Making it seem ok in a video game that children might play could desensitize that child and later help promote a behavioral pattern that in the long run produces a child killing serial killer. Game makers don't want to be known for letting people kill children.

Whether it's pixelized or not, it's still "children". Please don't kill the children, they help keep our species going.

They are still immortal in my game too. Though I swear by all that is holy if that one little poohead says I'm there to lick his fathers boots again I may actually change that.

They are still immortal in my game too. Though I swear by all that is holy if that one little poohead says I'm there to lick his fathers boots again I may actually change that.

I just keep running and ignore the children. In FNV I tried like hell to kill that one kid...I gave up and installed something to add more schtuff to kill...you know, zombies. :dance:

But what if the kids are zombies! Are they still beloved children?

Most kids today are digital zombies....evidently their mother's still love them. :tongue:

LOL, do they? :whistling: What's wrong with us today, we don't even know our kids. Jump. Skip. Tumble. Wait, what was I saying?

I have ALL NPC's immortal in my game because 1: I don't want Skyrim to be a deserted wasteland 2: Loosing merchants absolutely sucks 3: just in case mods like "Run For Your Lives" and "When Vampires Attack" don't work for some reason I don't want people to die.

• 2 weeks later...