xcom long war texture mods on mac

slnich2

So I'm running XCOM Enemy Within through Steam on my Mac and I wanted more of a challenge so I installed the Long War mod, and needless to say it's pretty freaking sweet! I wanted to take Long War to the next level so I downloaded about 5 of the texture mods that have been created. The only problem is that I have no idea how to install them on my Mac. I researched texmod and couldn't find anything else to help me with the install. Is there anyway to get the texture mods installed on my Mac and have them work through Steam? What do I have to do to make it happen? I'm not super computer savvy so layman's terms would be helpful. Thanks!

Layman's answer: To the best of our knowledge - Not possible at present.

This was recently asked in another thread. My answer there was:

First, you will need to find out if there exists a port of TexMod to your Mac platform. TexMod as originally created "allows to extract textures from DirectX 9 applications, and to pack eventually changed textures into TPF files (TexMod Package File) to load those back to the application replacing the original textures." That means it's written for the PC platform, even though it's written in C++. So, you also need to ask if your platform supports DirectX 9+ and your game uses that graphics interface? If your game is running under WINE on OSX, then WINE has DX9 support built-in. But that does not mean it will work with TexMod and I found a couple of queries indicating it doesn't or at least is not straightforward.

A quick Google search reveals others asking similar questions without anything hopeful in reply.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent