4gb enabler for Ultimate edition?

angelsavior9mm

Because there is absolutely ZERO difference between the UE version of "daorigins.exe" and the patch 1.04 version.

None. Bit-for-bit, they're identical, (ran FC against them.)

That might not be the case with the Steam versions. I came across this on the Dragon Age wiki:

If you have the Steam version of Dragon Age: Origins, then you can use the -enabledeveloperconsole switch.

If you have the Steam version of Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, then the -enabledeveloperconsole switch does not work. The dev console can only be enabled by editing an xml file.

To be honest, I'm not sure if this means that there's a difference between the two DAOrigins.exe on Steam, but I suspect it does.

So, in addition to the question of enabling the Large Memory Area flag on a Steam install, we have a new one.

Can someone who has them run the FC command between the "vanilla Steam" (isn't that a latte?) v1.04 of daorigins.exe and the UE version?

(Although how you would manage to keep both in the first place is a bit of a mystery, isn't it? :laugh:
Yet ANOTHER reason not to use Steam when I can avoid it! :laugh: )

Can someone who has them run the FC command between the "vanilla Steam" (isn't that a latte?) v1.04 of daorigins.exe and the UE version?

Seeing as you can't have both the original and Ultimate Edition of DA in parallel on Steam, here are some popular hashes for the UE version.

DAOrigins.exe

File Version: 1.04.12393.0

Size: 10.0 MB (10,585,320 bytes)

CRC-32: 13A4005B

MD5: E2AF297385A6CA054F4CF3041346BA7E

SHA-1: 87AC3E92EEB7B6560A836F2192CA09B265F0758C

If you have Steam DA:Origins [not Ultimate Edition], then can you please post the hash here. If the hashes match perfectly, then just post one of them. If the hashes are different, then please include all three hashes, the file version, and byte size.

You can get the hashes, etc. from a nity little program called FileAlyzer 2.

Edited by redtrolley

• 10 months later...

I've found an original DaOrigins.exe of the same version as Steam's UE that works perfectly well with Steam after LAA patched using the Fallout 3 method. I can't provide the link but it's quite easy to find. You'll find all the needed information about that exe in the VirusTotal check I'm providing below.

It is around 500kb smaller than the original Steam UE .exe, apparently due to the missing encryption, overlay features, etc. By the way, disable the Steam overlay for the game. Aside from getting less crashes it can prevent potential conflicts with the new .exe. I haven't extensively tested it yet, but at least I'm not crashing every second time I load my saved game. Hope that helps fellow Steamers.

I have ALL of J3B textures and ALL of 4Aces textures (except the ones that already exist in J3B, of course) installed and I was CTDing in Ostagar like mad. So far everyting's ok with the patched executable.

VirusTotal check - https://www.virustotal.com/file/428fdbf9b8adc4ca067746513425ef1492fd812d33ca0ecd570b069c557f8670/analysis/

Update: played for around 5-6 hours without a single CTD. LAA fix really works wonders with this game. The achievments work too, by the way.

Edited by Naudriel

• 10 months later...

I've found an original DaOrigins.exe of the same version as Steam's UE that works perfectly well with Steam after LAA patched using the Fallout 3 method. I can't provide the link but it's quite easy to find. You'll find all the needed information about that exe in the VirusTotal check I'm providing below.

It is around 500kb smaller than the original Steam UE .exe, apparently due to the missing encryption, overlay features, etc. By the way, disable the Steam overlay for the game. Aside from getting less crashes it can prevent potential conflicts with the new .exe. I haven't extensively tested it yet, but at least I'm not crashing every second time I load my saved game. Hope that helps fellow Steamers.

I have ALL of J3B textures and ALL of 4Aces textures (except the ones that already exist in J3B, of course) installed and I was CTDing in Ostagar like mad. So far everyting's ok with the patched executable.

VirusTotal check - https://www.virustot...f8670/analysis/

Update: played for around 5-6 hours without a single CTD. LAA fix really works wonders with this game. The achievments work too, by the way.

PM'd you.

• 7 months later...

VirusTotal check - https://www.virustotal.com/file/428fdbf9b8adc4ca067746513425ef1492fd812d33ca0ecd570b069c557f8670/analysis/

Thank you. I found the vitality daorigins.exe. Hashes match yours. I'll store it away for when I reinstall DA:O UE v1.04.

Edited by redtrolley

Thank you. I found the vitality daorigins.exe. Hashes match yours. I'll store it away for when I reinstall DA:O UE v1.04.

Don't you want the one for daorigins.exe v1.05? :ermm:

It's up to v1.05? Steam will give me v1.05 whether I want it or not... I'll look for an appropriate exe whenever I get around to reinstalling DA:O UE.

Thanks for the heads up, Thandal.