Load Game / Death / New Area CTD

ArchangelZero7

The thing is, I had managed to fix both the death CTD and the quit to main menu CTD thanks to your guys' help, but for whatever reason it came back. As far as the cell transition CTD, it's random insofar as I can tell. If i try to mimic the same circumstances prior to leaving an area, it doesn't happen. I may get a CTD entering an Inn in Winterhold and then another when moving from one interior cell to another at a fort near Riften. I have mods that add animations (which I religiously update FNIS when I add or remove), I have mods that add armors and weapons, change weapon meshes to be more accurate to real swords, and everything else is textures and lighting, all of which have been updated and BASH patched accordingly. Of the 96 mods I have active, I'd say majority of them are graphical. As such, I can't tell what's causing so much instability.

Edited by ArchangelZero7

The thing is, I had managed to fix both the death CTD and the quit to main menu CTD thanks to your guys' help, but for whatever reason it came back.

It comes and goes. You can experience a period of time when it doesn't happen, and then a period of time when it occurs persistently. What I am saying is that don't waste time and effort to stress over it. Lots of people have looked into it and tried to find a solution but it just happens with heavily modded setups regardless of what steps are taken.

The CTDs during cell transition: have you made any edits to the game ini files, especially around memory usage? Can you list your system spec, along with all mods you use that do not come with plugins, like texture or body replacers (including any hi-res skin textures you may be using for any body replacers)?

All my .ini, mods and comp specs are in the spoilers on the first page. If you dont think that you see all the mods, let me know and I'll figure out a way to post them all.

I...don't want to scour through your ini settings. :smile: I just want you to try and recall if you made any edits to the ini files and which ones (if you can remember). The reason I am inquiring about system specs and graphic mods that do not come with plugins (and would not show up in a LOOT report, like custom body textures) is because memory usage is one of the possible causes of random cell transition CTDs, when the engine is trying to un/load stuff. Do you have the Skyrim Performance Monitor? You might consider scaling back on the graphic mods to see if it improves your game stability with respect to cell transitions.

Edited by ripple

the only things I've done to my .ini is adding lines for mods like Skyrim Flora Overhaul to decrease the size of grass or Arrow and Bolt Tweaks to get the shot centered on the crosshair. other than that, I haven't changed messed with those unless a mod specifically mentioned it was required, and very few did. The only other .ini I messed with was enblocal in order to adjust memory allocation as directed in the installation video. The one thing I know would help stability is switching SFO for another less heavy mod that makes trees bigger. Also as a note, I had 210 active mods prior to all this nonsense and I had less trouble than I am now. Not sure what the problem is lol

CTD solved in my case.

I have

New Skyrim installation, modified it for last week, 250 plugins. Mods: all DLCs, off. and unoff. patches, XP32, CBBE, Racemenu (used to have also ECE but problematic, maybe proper installation could help), Requiem, Phinix ENB (Enboost before it), CoT, RND, ApachiiSkyHair, Alternate Start, 3DNPC, DSpSoB, FNIS, Frostfall, Real Shelter, SMIM, UFO, ...

SKSE 172 and 173 later when triing to address bug source.

No LOOT error (many warnings I probably should TS5Edit out or Wrye Bash patched), many papyrus warnings and errors (should I try to solve them?).

Brand new character started by Alternate start, no relict scripts found by Save Tool.

I experienced

Almost every time CTD when trying to load in the middle of the game/died.

Papyrus log ended by see lower - every time without any common preceeding log

[05/27/2015 - 11:32:15PM] VM is freezing...
[05/27/2015 - 11:32:15PM] VM is frozen
[05/27/2015 - 11:32:15PM] Reverting game...

MIcrodumps not tried to log events deeper.

Issue started to appear in the middle of modding/testing process (last week, new installation).

Among other adviced, I have read on the Internets that this may be caused by used XP32 or Racemenu or SKSE 172. Tried to downgrade to 171, but not sucessfull - SKSE got disabled and Requiem crashed game after a message. I moved all SKSE scripts out and as result I had no CTD after load/death.

Solved by upgrading Racemenu 321 to 322

"

Fixes NiOverride BodyMorph floating wrist bug

Fixes NiOverride occasional crash when loading other saves of the same session

"

What ma have helped too: Installing SafeLoad mod, adding recommended properties to SKSE.ini

Hope it helps somebody (posted to several forum/threads)