Ok, remember how you can purchase ammo for the Mesmetron from Grouse? I have been trying to mimic that procedure, but I have accomplished nothing. I even went as far as to purchase Fallout 3 to look at the original code, but still nothing. Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this or explain in detail on how to recreate it?

Thank you.

Hi SmokeyGum.

From the looks of it, it would appear to be a script attached to a dialog choice from Grouse. There is no "standalone script" in the scripts section but, rather, a script attached to the actual dialog choice for when you would want to buy more Mesmetron ammo:

player.removeitem caps001 200
player.additem AmmoMesmetronPowerCell 10

There is also a condition attached to the option to ensure that the player has the 200 caps necessary to purchase the ammo; Therefore, if you want to change the price, you would have to do so in both the condition and the script for the dialog option to make sense (you wouldn't want the dialog option to read 50 caps when the actual price is 100 and the condition is at 120; you would want them to be all the same value).

So, if you want to recreate this elsewhere, I suppose that one way would be to create a NPC (or a terminal entry) that gives the player the option to buy something and, when the player agrees, to then attach that script & condition to the dialog option.

I hope that helps and good luck with your mod.