Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Holy cow! The game just looks better and better. I agree that the pathfinding on the wolf blows though.

The trees and the ground cover look awesome, I think. The new combat moves also look very fluid and realistic. No more waving a sword around as though you were path-cutting with a machete. I also like the sounds the weapons make when they strike. A visceral ka-thunk with a wet meaty finish.

And did anyone notice the inside of the dragon's mouth? Just amazing.

There's an elf in a chair in the assassination scene at 1:32. That's the only nonhuman player race I noticed.

Every time they release some new tidbit, 11.11.11 just seems to get farther and farther away. I hope they keep it up in the interim, so I can maintain this level of excitement for the game. I got goosebumps during the trailer. If I'm still this excited when the game comes out, I may just embarrass myself in the store.

This post from the youtube version kind of sums up the amount of time I expect to be spending in this game:

Quote: It's fine Bethesda, I don't NEED friends anymore...

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im wondering if the textures are gonna be anything like quarls texture package... and they should elaborate how we are gonna get around in this huge mountains world, since i suspect horses would be useless going up a huge mountain. any suggestions? maybe ships in the sky would be nice. bicycles?

Slow-mo helps, if anyone's interested and the idea didn't come to anyone yet. Downloading the vid from the link posted above and watching it on VLC gives you the option of slowing down the video...at .67x , it's much easier to see those fine details and escape the "rush" of the editing (which was done very well but quick, to pulse you up)

im wondering if the textures are gonna be anything like quarls texture package... and they should elaborate how we are gonna get around in this huge mountains world, since i suspect horses would be useless going up a huge mountain. any suggestions? maybe ships in the sky would be nice. bicycles?

Mountains aren't completely vertical. You can traverse then on horse nearly as well as on foot I'd assume, as long as you stay away from jagged rocks on the ground. There will no doubt be a point in which you'd have to dismount if you're going into a dungeon or a place of the likes. There are also "natural paths" on mountains usually. I used to live in the mountains (North Carolina, US).

I've taken a couple of screenshot from the video, I can send them to you if you are interested Zaldiir. they are not Hi-res but they look nice indeed at least in my opinion :tongue:

Footage is taken from the console. Pretty sure as the water effects don't look very impressive and some of the ground textures look a bit low res.

How to you know its in the consoles and not the PC?

Well I don't know for sure it's from a console but it really looks like it. The biggest giveaway is the water. Nowadays (with DX10, 11) you can get really nice water effects with barely any performance loss. Also for a game coming out at the end of the year you'd expect it to use tesselation/displacement mapping. Bump mapping is spartan at best in the trailer, not even close to what is possible by now.

Footage is taken from the console. Pretty sure as the water effects don't look very impressive and some of the ground textures look a bit low res.

How to you know its in the consoles and not the PC?

In a podcast a few weeks ago Todd said they hadn't started any PC optimization yet and specifically mentioned the texture packs for PC being higher quality when it's released.

Edited by csgators